2nd February 2011, 09:39 AM
Unregistered

How to apply for Army with commerce background? Entrance exam?

I am a student of commerce stream and i want to an indian soldier give some information about this tropics i:e how to appply for the post,enterance exam etc.

Related Questions:
  1. How to apply for Army with commerce background? Entrance exam?
  2. Can I do B.Com course being a BA student with Political Science as major?
  3. Can i become a Raw Agent without having Army background?
  4. Commerce stream student can join Indian Army after 12th? How to apply for it?
  5. MBA holder without Math background can apply for Actuary Common Entrance Exam?
  6. How to apply for admission in Army Institute of Mohali?
  7. What is the procedure for commerce background student? I have just cleared my 12th exam and interested in UPSC exam
  8. Will the red background on the photograph of AIPMT entrance exam cause any issue?
  9. Is MBA in Port and Shipping a good course for commerce background students? What are the job opportunities available after completing the course?
  10. What is the procedure followed for joining army school in 10th?
  11. Can i apply for Indian Army after pursuing commerce degree?
  12. Which option is suits on me MBA(IT+HR) or M.Sc IT through correspondence? I have done diploma in software engineering from NIIT and graduation in B.Sc IT through correspondence
  13. PG course in NIFT with commerce background? How to prepare and apply? Issues without vast knowledge in Fashion?
  14. How can I join Indian Army if completed B.Com being a 24 years old candidate?
  15. Is there any entrance exam available to join Indian Army for 28 years old BMS graduate?
  16. What are the qualifications required for Officer's post in Indian Army with commerce background? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Can a Commerce stream student apply for NDA? -- [New]
  18. Best colleges for BCA for commerce background? I am a student of class 12th commerce
2nd February 2011, 11:25 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to apply for Army with commerce background? Entrance exam?

If You Are Interested To Join Indian Army, Then For This You Have To Appear The NDA Entrance Exams. You Must Be Physically Fit In All The Respects And You Sould Between 16 and 19 years of age And You Must be Unmarried and must pass a number of tests and interviews as well as a Medical Test Also.

The Notification Are Published In The Employment Newspaper. So Please Check The Employment Newspaper to Get Updates Regading Army Exams. So, Please Dont worry After Completing Commerce You Can Join Indian Army, If You Fulfill The Eligiblity Creteria.
3rd February 2011, 08:09 AM
bikenindia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a student of commerce stream and i want to an indian soldier give some information about this tropics i:e how to appply for the post,enterance exam etc.
Hello,

NDA exams are conducted twice every year by UPSC.
You can join Indian Army if you are from commerce stream. But there is no possibility for you to join in Navy or Indian Air Force.
Age- Between 2nd January 1993- 1st July 1995.
The minimum qualification is 10+2 pass.
If the eligibility criteria is fulfilled, then you can write this NDA exam and you can join Indian Army and you will become officer right after passing out.

So be prepared if you want to serve our motherland.

All the best.
Thank you.
3rd February 2011, 12:06 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

to apply for indian army visit their website http://www.joinindianarmy.nic.in all details are available on the website. application form may be downloaded from the website. the notification will be published on the website and on the leading newspaper.

as you are from commerce stream then you are eligible for two entry scheme. here i am giving the details about the TES and NDA entry scheme. if your qualification is more then opportunity will be more. for all scheme and eligibility visit the website.

Tech Entry Scheme(TES)

Month of Commencement of Course each year - January and July

Age at the time of joining - 16 and 1/2 to 19 and 1/2 years

Educational Qualification - 10+2 Pass with 70% aggregate in PCM.

How to Apply - Apply directly to the Recruitment Directorate in response to advertisement in May and November

National Defence Academy(NDA):-

Month of Commencement of Course each year - January and July

Age at the time of joining - 16 and 1/2 to 19 years

Educational Qualification - Class 12 of the 10+2 system of education or equivalent

Mode of selection - NDA exam by UPSC and SSB interview

How to Apply - Apply in response to advertisement in March/April & Oct./Nov.

best wishes.
3rd February 2011, 01:59 PM
diego
Banned

well friend you can Join the Indian army,you have two options
1.NDA- Candidates who have completed their +2 includiong +2 APPEARING CANDIDATES CAN APPEAR for NDA exam for joining the INdian Armed forces.
You must be between 161/2 years of age to 19 years of age and must satisfy all the physical requirement and required by UPSC.
The exam is of objective type including aptitude and verbal queations.
The selected candidates undergo training for 3 years duration and join inthe rank of LIEUTENANT.Only unmarried candidates are eligible.
2. CDS- To join Indian army through cds you have to be a graduate or should be in the final year pf graduation.The candidate should be 19-25 years of age.
The exam will be of objective type having elementary mathematics GK and English.
Unmarried Candidates are eligible.CDS exam is conducted twice a year.
For furthe reading goto::www.Upsc.gov.in
3rd February 2011, 04:32 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Post Re: How to apply for Army with commerce background? Entrance exam?

Quote:
INDIAN ARMY !!!!

Do you have It in You !! If yes you are in the Right choice of your Career.

If you want to Join Indian Army as a commissioned Officer, Below are the Details of Entries after 12 class, Even you can write them @ the time of your 12 class.

One Entry is National Defense Academy Exam:

NDA is conducted by upsc Government and it Held twice in a year as NDA I and NDA II.

Its Pattern Consists Of General Ability and Mathematics.

General Ability Consists Of few History, Geography, G.K , Current affairs etc.
Mathematics Consists of 11 and 12 Mathematics, Trigonometry.

The same pattern goes for NDA II also.

Second Mode of Entry is Direct Entry i.e Technical Entry Scheme, In this you don't have to Write Exam, Based on your PCM performance in 12 Class, Merit list is formed and Call Letter is send to those who are in lists.

Even After your Graduation You have Again two to Three Options

One is CDSE i.e Combined Defense Services, Second is SSC i.e Short Service Commission Technical Entry and Third UES i.e University Entry Scheme.

There are Lot of Entries Just make your self Perfect To crack SSB. SSB is Service Selection Board from where you will face Interview, Group Discussions.

Start Preparing From now onwards, and build your communication Skills strong. For more Details of any Entry you can Refer This Site www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck.
3rd February 2011, 05:04 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

To become an Indian soldier you must be a metric pass with maths,science & english as main subjects.The age limit is between 16-23 years.You must get at least 45% marks in class 10th.The details of the exam is as under-
Indian Army Soldiers Clerk exam is held 4 times in a year. The notification is published in Employment news & other leading newspaper. Those interested can collect the application form from recruitment office, zila Parishads, District Collector’s Office & Employment Exchange.For more details visit to-
http://answers.ind.in/3815/indian-army-soldiers-clerks-2011-recruitment-exam/
You can contact to-
Contacts
The Director – Recruiting (Officer Selection)
Addl. Directorate General of Recruiting
West Block III, R.K.Puram
Army Headquarters, New Delhi 110 066
Ph: +91-11-6196220
Fax: +91-11-6196205
3rd February 2011, 11:29 PM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

UPSC conducts a seperate entrance exam i.e NDA examination twice in a year in the month of April and August.

Minimum educational qualification to be eligible for the exam is to be 10+2 passout with any of the stream.

Remember that candidates having Mathematics and Physics at 10+2 are eligble to join Indian Air Force and Navy. Students with Commerce and Arts stream are only eligible to join Airmy wing.

Also note here that you are not eligible for TES as you are not having Physics and Chemistry as a subject.
23rd January 2012, 10:33 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
HI,
You can join Indian Army after passing 12th with commerce stream.
For this you have to qualify the N.D.A exam.

N.D.A stand for National Defence Academy.

N.D.A exam is conducted by U.P.S.C twice in a year.

Eligibility criteria:-
> Pass 12th with recognized university
> Age limit:-16.5-19 year.
> Must be citizen of India
> Medically fit

There are three steep of selection:-
> Written Exam
> Interview
> Medical exam

IMPORTANT DATES FOR N.D.A. & N.A. EXAM.(I), 2012
Date of Notification:-31.12.2011
Last date of receipt of form:-30.01.2012(MONDAY)
Date of exam:-15.04.2012(SUNDAY)

For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST!
31st January 2012, 01:00 PM
swati_forum

If You Are Interested To Join Indian Army, Then For This You Have To Appear The NDA Entrance Exams. You Must Be Physically Fit In All The Respects And You Sould Between 16 and 19 years of age And You Must be Unmarried and must pass a number of tests and interviews as well as a Medical Test Also.

The Notification Are Published In The Employment Newspaper. So Please Check The Employment Newspaper to Get Updates Regading Army Exams. So, Please Dont worry After Completing Commerce You Can Join Indian Army, If You Fulfill The Eligiblity Creteria.
31st January 2012, 01:12 PM
swati_forum

9th March 2012, 03:47 PM
edward1989

NDA exams are conducted twice every year by UPSC.
You can join Indian Army if you are from commerce stream. But there is no possibility for you to join in Navy or Indian Air Force.
Age- Between 2nd January 1993- 1st July 1995.
The minimum qualification is 10+2 pass.
If the eligibility criteria is fulfilled, then you can write this NDA exam and you can join Indian Army and you will become officer right after passing out.

So be prepared if you want to serve our motherland.

All the best.
9th March 2012, 09:09 PM
anlakshmi

If you want to apply for Indian Army through NDA exam..

NDA stands for National Defense Academy.NDA Examination are conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) twice in a year. The minimum qualification is 12th class.

NDA Examination is conducted in 3 wings:

• Indian Army
• Indian Navy
• Indian Air Force

Eligibility Criteria:

>>> The candidate must have to pass 12th class from a recognized university.

>>> And the final year of 12th class students also to apply for this NDA Examination.

>>> The age limit in between 16.5 to 19 years.

>>> The candidate must be unmarried male person and medically fit.

>>> The candidate must be citizen of India.

The science students are eligible for three wings.

Exam Pattern:

• General Ability
• Mathematics

Selection Procedure:

>>> Written Test
>>> Interview
>>> Physical Test

For more details please visit the official website: www.upsc.in.
10th March 2012, 01:01 AM
er.skp.me

Thumbs up Re: How to apply for Army with commerce background? Entrance exam?

Quote:

Dear friend
there two types of entry

1.) after completion of 12th
by cracking NDA exam conducted by UPSC

The required age limit that a candidate should possess to be eligible for NDA Exam is 16 1/2 years to 19 years.

There is no relaxation in upper age limit at all for the candidates of any category.

Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply for this Exam.
As per required academic qualification,
12th class with any of the stream to be eligible for this Exam.

12th class with Mathematics and Physics as the compulsory subjects in 12th class to apply for Navy and Air Force wings.
This Exam will be conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) twice a year.

After you clear the exam you can choose any of the three
Army wing
Navy wing
Air Force wing

The selection procedure will be by
Written Exam
Interview
Medical test
then you will recruited on all India merit base.

2.) after graduation from a recognized university.
You should have a degree from recognized university
you have to apply and crack CDS (Combined Defense Service) examination conducted by UPSC

After you clear out the CDS exam you will be called for SSB/SSC camp which of duration of 8 to 12 days

Here in camp you have to clear some more examinations like
1.) screening test which includes aptitude test
2.)Group test, here a group of candidates are given some task to complete
3.)story writing
4.)Intelligence test
5.)Group discussions
6.)Interview ETC
When clear these you will under go medical test, after clearing medical test you will selected on all India merit

This Entrance Exam will let the candidates to be placed in the following defence services
-Army wing
-Navy wing
-Air Force wing

age limit is 20yrs to 25 yrs

There is no relaxation in upper age limit at all for the candidates of any category.

Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply for this Exam.

books you can refer for SSB/SSC
Bright's SSB interview
CSR SSB interview

for more details you can log on to
www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
www.upsc.gov.in

Best of luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?