22nd May 2015, 02:17 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility for IES exam after graduation in Chemistry and Post graduation in Computer Science?

I have completed my graduation in chemistry and post graduation in computer science, i want to know can i eligible for ies exam?

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility criteria to pursue M.S. in Computer Science from US having done Graduation and Post Graduation in Arts and MCA from IGNOU?
  2. Can I apply for IES examination after graduation in Computer Science and Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Type of course which I should opt after doing BSc Maths and O Level?
  4. What type of job can I get after graduating in BSc in Non Medical?
  5. Eligibility and entrance for post graduation in Computer Science? Colleges in Mumbai offering this course and their fees?
  6. How to get admission for Post graduation course in computer science?
  7. Eligibility to do M.Tech in computer Science after B.Sc in Computer Science and without appearing for GATE exam?
  8. Qualifications for studying Nanotechnology course? I am studying in intermediate
  9. How to do post graduation from NIFT after doing graduation in computer science honors from banaras hindu university? What is the eligibility criteria?
  10. What all PG courses can I do apart from PG in Chemistry
  11. Can I do Ph.D after BSc and MSc? Which subjects are available for Ph.D after graduation?
  12. What is the minimum eligibility criteria to get admission for post graduation in computer science?
  13. Eligibility for doing Post graduation in Forensic Science after getting failed in Third year B.Sc in chemistry?
  14. Is there any post graduate degree in Physics, Electronics or Computer Science?
  15. Syllabus of Post graduation course in computer Science? -- [New]
  16. What can I do after my graduation in computer science? I have scored 50% in graduation and 55% in HSC and 58% in SSC
  17. Am I eligible to do post graduation course with M.Sc in MLT after completion of graduation in Bachelor of Science?
  18. Eligibility to get admission in B.Ed for a candidate who has secured 59% in Post Graduation and 44% in Graduation?
22nd May 2015, 11:21 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility for IES exam after graduation in Chemistry and Post graduation in Computer Science?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my graduation in chemistry and post graduation in computer science, i want to know can i eligible for ies exam?
No, you are not eligible for Indian Economics Service exam.

Those candidates who have completed Post graduate degree in Economics/Applied Economics/Business Economics/Econometrics course from a recognized University are eligible for Indian Economics Service exam.

Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years. Age relaxation is provided for reserved category candidates.

Pattern for Indian Economics Service exam:-

(a)General English :- 100 Marks
(b)General Studies :- 100 Marks
(c)General Economics-I :- 200 Marks
(d)General Economics-II :- 200 Marks
(e)General Economics-III :- 200 Marks
(f)General Economics :- 200 Marks
22nd May 2015, 01:21 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility for IES exam after graduation in Chemistry and Post graduation in Computer Science?

I am really sorry to say this you are not eligible to apply for Indian Engineering Services Examination with your Educational qualification. Since UPSC conducts the IES Examination for Engineering services in the Central ministries as Civil Servants.

And further Clarification you need to have a look on the below important information about the Indian Engineering Services Examination.

Here are the streams allows for Indian Engineering Services Examination.

* Mechanical Engineering

* Civil Engineering

* Electronics and Communication Engineering

* Electrical Engineering

* Or Equivalent M.Sc with stream related to these Wireless Communication, Electronics etc.,

Finally You are not eligible to apply for Indian Engineering services.
26th May 2015, 04:16 PM
kunalroy89

IES either means Indian Economic Services or Indian Engineering Services.

To apply for Economic Services,you need to have a Post Graduate degree in Economics or related subjects. You do not have the qualification.So you are INELIGIBLE for Economic Services.

If you meant Engineering services as IES,then you must have a Bachelors degree in engineering.Although the streams and papers will be from only 4 subjects i.e. Civil,Mechanical,Electrical,Electronics engg but any engg degree holder can apply.
You do not have a bachelors degree in engg i.e. no B.E/B.Tech.
Your post graduation degree does not matter if your bachelors or graduate degree is not proper.
So you are INELIGIBLE for Engineering Services as well.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?