5th January 2016, 11:53 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to do MBA in Marketing after failed in B.Com long back?

I have failed in graduation b.com in 1999. Now I working aboard for 13 years. I would like to do mba in marketing. Is it necessary I have to pass out my graduation for doing mba.

Related Questions:
  1. How can I complete my graduation after many failures?
  2. Eligibility to work in MNC in India and Abroad after doing MBA in Finance and Marketing with 58%, B.Com with 45% and 10th with 44% marks?
  3. Which one is better between BBA and B.Com before joining MBA? Is MBA a right choice for me if I am interested in Marketing?
  4. Eligibility criteria for ph.d program in marketing? I have done MBA in marketing
  5. Eligibility for MBA in next session in Finance after getting admitted in MBA with HR and Marketing in current session?
  6. Which of the following MBA courses are in demand between MBA Finance, HR and IT?
  7. Can I do Ph.D after completing MBA with Major as Marketing and Minor as HR? What is the eligibility for ITS?
  8. Can MCA and MBA in finance go together? What is the value of MCA through distance?
  9. Eligibility to do 12th from IGNOU after getting failed in 12th 10 years back?
  10. Is there any 1 year graduation program present which i may join after my +2?
  11. What is the career after MBA Marketing? I have done BAMS and MBA Marketing
  12. Courses available in Germany after passing 12th commerce in Gujarat?
  13. Any good job opportunities in MBA Marketing field?
  14. Can I apply for B.Com after taking commerce without Maths? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. How to complete Accountancy Paper of B.Com course failed in 1991?
  16. Career options in Multimedia field after 12th standard with commerce?
  17. Is there scope for ICWA after 3 years from now? Should I do plain B.Com or B.Com in Marketing or Finance?
  18. Duration and Eligibility for Ph.D and M.Ed after B.Com and MBA?
6th January 2016, 11:40 AM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to do MBA in Marketing after failed in B.Com long back?

No, you are not eligible to do MBA in Marketing after failed in B.Com.

Eligibility :
  • Candidate must have passed graduation from any recognised university.
  • Candidate must have secured more than 50% marks in graduation.
  • There is no age limit.
  • Candidate have to appear in entrance exam in order to get admission in MBA course.
6th January 2016, 04:04 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, graduation degree in any discipline will be required at the time of admission for MBA course. There is no other way for you. If you don't have degree then experience alone can't get you admission.

Therefore, you have to complete graduation first and then apply for MBA. There are universities like IGNOU for doing correspondence Degree.
6th January 2016, 05:34 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

The minimum eligibility criteria required to purse MBA is that the candidate has to be pass undergraduate degree from a recognized university.

Apart from that one has to appear for CAT, XAT, GMAT entrance examinations to avail admission for MBA.

One can also pursue MBA from IGNOU, which doesn't require any entrance examination to appear.
6th January 2016, 06:24 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

No, you will not be eligible to do MBA after failing in your Graduation degree.

Eligibility to do MBA in Marketing are as under :-

-The candidate must have passed graduation degree with at least 50% (45% for SC/ST) marks from a recognized university .Those who are appearing for the final year of their degree course can also apply for the exam .

-There is no restriction on upper age limit to apply for this course .
6th January 2016, 11:42 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have failed in graduation b.com in 1999. Now I working aboard for 13 years. I would like to do mba in marketing. Is it necessary I have to pass out my graduation for doing mba.
The eligibility to study the MBA in Marketing is a graduation degree in any stream from a recognised university. So to study MBA, you need to complete your graduation. After completion of your graduation you can do MBA in Marketing. The duration of the programme is 2 years. The course is available in many colleges in correspondence mode like,

- Annamalai University - http://www.annamalaiuniversity.ac.in...mba&course=348

- IGNOU - http://www.ignou.ac.in/ignou/aboutig...s/detail/470/1

- Sikkim Manipal University - http://smude.edu.in/smude/programs/management/mba.html

- Amity University - http://www.amity.edu/webcampaign/Cam...m=U+oHtRKPBL8=
7th January 2016, 10:09 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you need to pass your Graduation course to be eligible to pursue MBA course. Candidates who have completed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a recognised university are eligible to pursue MBA course. Since, you have not qualified B.Com course, you are not eligible to pursue MBA course. If you are interested to pursue MBA course then, first you need to pass your Graduation course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?