16th February 2017, 04:22 PM
Unregistered

How to become a doctor being from a poor family?

I have less money and I am only 12th pass. So, how can I become a doctor? Which course should I do to become a doctor?

16th February 2017, 08:54 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to become a doctor being from a poor family?

The candidate must have passed 10+2 with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology with minimum marks of 60% for general and OBC candidates and 55% for SC/ST candidates from the recognized board.
The candidate also has to pass the NEET (National Eligibility Entrance Test) to get admission into MBBS. As you are from poor family then you have to work hard so that you can be rewarded with scholarship from the government and can pursue your MBBS from the government college. You can take loan also from the bank or from the minority division of central government which provide scholarship as well as education loan you have to repay the loan only when you get the job and not before.
17th February 2017, 09:06 AM
rohit tihor

To go for the doctor course you should have pass 12th with subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology.and also you have to give the entrance exam NEET . About the money problem,to overcome it you should score more in 12th and entrance so that you can take admission in government college and if not possible you can go for the economically backward class (EBC) seats but the seats are only 5% per college also you can apply for the education loans.
17th February 2017, 03:47 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have less money and I am only 12th pass. So, how can I become a doctor? Which course should I do to become a doctor?

To become a doctor being from a poor family, you have to study MBBS or BDS (Dental Doctor) or BHMS or BAMS. The most common and highly valued course is MBBS. To study MBBS, you should have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Biology with a minimum of 50% marks. You have to appear for the NEET examination conducted by the CBSE for the admission to MBBS course. The MBBS duration will be 5.5 years including one year rotating internship. Candidates should complete 17 years of age at the time of admission. The above given is the procedure for admission to MBBS program. As you mentioned you are from a poor family, you can apply for scholarships available in the government and private sector.
17th February 2017, 04:09 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

First of all you should know that to become a doctor you must have medical stream in your 12th standard and your age should be in between 17 to 25 years and moreover you are saying that you belong to poor family that does not mean that you cannot become a doctor but you have to work really very hard to crack the entrance exam such as AIIMS, JIPMER , NEET in order to get admission in government colleges on the basis of very very low fees. The second chance to become doctor is to complete your graduation and after that your masters degree then you will be eligible to appear in the NET examination to pursue your PhD.
17th February 2017, 05:45 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You can get admission in a medical college only through merit and to become a doctor, you need to complete MBBS degree from a recognized medical college in India. Being from a poor family, you must get admission in a government medical college, so that you don't have much burden in terms of expenses.

There are many government medical colleges which have very low fee structure but getting admission is tough because admission is on the basis merit. Therefore, you have to work very her for getting a top rank in exams like NEET and AIIMS entrance exam.
27th April 2019, 06:42 PM
kidzeee
Senior Member+

The requirements for becoming a doctor in the U.S. may vary by specialty. In general, doctors complete a 4-year undergraduate degree program, spend 4 years in medical school, and then complete 3-7 years of residency training before they are eligible for medical licensing.
17th January 2022, 06:14 PM
Unregistered

Please,how can i write such exams?
24th April 2022, 11:13 PM
Unregistered

How many marks we have (poor student) to take in NEET exam for merit
23rd May 2023, 09:41 AM
Unregistered

General category but mein poor family to belong krdi haa fir doctor kaise bne?
31st May 2023, 09:30 AM
eduking

There are government medical colleges in India that have an affordable fee structure that even a poor family can afford. You need to have a top rank in NEET to get admission to such colleges. If you have got the preparation then surely you can become a doctor even if you belong to a poor family. Just aim for the top medical colleges in India and never think that you can't do it.

Admission to top medical colleges like AIIMS is tough but once you get admission, you can study without worrying about money. Hence, study well and never think about your expenses.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?