25th November 2014, 11:25 PM
Unregistered

Will I be able to study Master's in Clinical Psychology if completed PGD and have 10 years of work experience?

Hello
I have done Master of Computer science and 10 years experience in IT.
But a big gap. Now wish to switch over.
I am planning to do post graduate diploma in clinical psychology.
After that will I be eligible for masters degree in clinical psychology?

Related Questions:
  1. Would it be a good decision to switch to Educational Psychology after Masters in Clinical Psychology? Are there any Clinical Psychology guides in Pune, India?
  2. Eligibility for M.Sc clinical psychology? Institutes which offers this course to Nursing graduates? M.Sc and M.Phil degrees will made me Clinical Psychologist?
  3. How to do M.Phil in Clinical Psychology? Which are the universities? I have finished my masters in Clinical Psychology
  4. What is the eligibility to pursue MSc in Clinical Psychology?
  5. When will be the Entrance Exam to join M.Phil in Clinical Psychology after completion of MA in Psychology?
  6. Is Ph.d in clinical psychology possible after completion of M.Phil in PSW
  7. What is the scope of masters in psychology? What are the job opportunities?
  8. Date of entrance exam for M.Phil in Clinical psychology from IHBAS?
  9. Can I apply for M.Phil in Psychiatric Social Work or Clinical Psychology?
  10. Should I go for M.Phil in clinical Psychology or Ph.D in Clinical Psychology
  11. Can I do M.Phil or PhD in Clinical Psychology?
  12. Is Ph.D in clinical psychology possible after completion of M.phil in PSW
  13. How to be a clinical psychologist? I am doing M.A Psychology from IGNOU
  14. Is it mandatory to study Psychology in Graduation for masters in Psychology after B.Sc with Biotechnology, Zoology and Chemistry? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Requirements to get admission in NIMHANS for M.Sc and Ph.D in Clinical Psychology?
  16. Which are the best colleges for masters in Psychology Honors in HP or in Shimla? What is the cutoff?
  17. Am I eligible for M.Phil in Clinical Psychology in Amity University after doing 1 year masters degree in Clinical Psychology from the university of Sussex?
  18. What should I do to be a legal Clinical Psychologist in India? I am a M.A in Psychology with 69%
10th February 2017, 01:39 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Will I be able to study Master's in Clinical Psychology if completed PGD and have 10 years of work experience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello
I have done Master of Computer science and 10 years experience in IT.
But a big gap. Now wish to switch over.
I am planning to do post graduate diploma in clinical psychology.
After that will I be eligible for masters degree in clinical psychology?
Yes, you can study Master’s in Clinical Psychology after completion of graduation in any discipline with at least 50% marks in it, from a recognized university. So the Post Graduate Diploma is an additional qualification. The Master’s in Clinical Psychology course is available in various colleges in India. You have to sit for an entrance examination for the admission to the course in some colleges. You can apply online or offline for the admission to the course. The Master’s in Clinical Psychology can be studied at the following institutions

Periyar University - Website Link

Amity University - Website Link

Himachal Pradesh University - Website Link
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?