1st September 2016, 07:35 PM
Unregistered

Journalism and Law both can be done together?

I recently gave my 10th boards & further I want to pursue in field of arts as journalism & law together. Is it possible? Or else some other courses for doing this dual degree further, please help.

1st September 2016, 10:01 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Journalism and Law both can be done together?

No, it is not under rule that a candidate go for dual degree simultaneously. At a time you can pursue 1 Degree Course whether regular or distance.
Either you can go for Bachelor Degree course in Journalism or Bachelor in Law. I would like to suggest you to pursue the degree course in which your interest lies.
1st September 2016, 10:50 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

It is possible, if one of them is a correspondence course. Journalism and Law are professional courses and it will not be a good option to pursue one of them in a distance mode.

Even law degree course require bar council approval and must be done in a regular mode. Hence, there is chance but you must aim to pursue a valid degree course.
2nd September 2016, 12:30 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I recently gave my 10th boards & further I want to pursue in field of arts as journalism & law together. Is it possible? Or else some other courses for doing this dual degree further, please help.

The aspirant can study journalism and law courses separately. He can first study B.A in Journalism course and after completion of the B.A can join LLB course. This is one of the options available to study both journalism and law. But it is not possible to study both courses together. The B.A Journalism can be studied after 10+2 with arts or science or commerce stream. The BA graduates with a minimum of 45% marks are eligible to study the LLB course. The candidate has to appear for an entrance test for the admission.
2nd September 2016, 06:16 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that it is not possible to pursue the two above mentioned courses together.
The better option for you will be that once after the completion of class 12th from Arts background, you must opt for the Bachelors degree course in Journalism. After completing your Graduation, you can opt the studies of Law as you will be Graduated at that situation.
So, first complete your Graduation in Journalism and then go for Law studies.
2nd September 2016, 06:20 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that it is not possible to pursue the two above mentioned courses together.
The better option for you will be that once after the completion of class 12th from Arts background, you must opt for the Bachelors degree course in Journalism. After completing your Graduation, you can opt the studies of Law as you will be Graduated at that situation.
So, first complete your Graduation in Journalism and then go for Law studies.
11th September 2016, 07:19 PM
saikat_samudra
Member+

Yes, It possible , but you you have to do a course in distance and other course regular mode, and you can't show the two certificated at the same time , you have to show either 1 or 2,
Law degree course required bar council approve and must done in regular mode, So Its batter to complete any one from regular mode , In the way you can first do the graduation in Journalism and then go for Law, in that case Law required 3 years not 5 years
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?