22nd February 2016, 07:02 PM
Unregistered

Is Maths necessary to study Economics Honours? How to get admission in the course?

Hello,

I am a student reading in class 12th and i am pretty sure that i will get 95 % in boards. I am interested in economics but i get to hear that maths is compulsory for getting into eco honours. Is it true? Also guide me to get admission in the course?

Kindly clarify this query of mine.

Related Questions:
  1. Is Maths necessary to study Economics Honours? How to get admission in the course? -- [New]
  2. Which course should I prefer BBA (economics honours) or B.COM (economics honours)?
  3. Can I get admission to study B.Sc/B.Com/B.A.(Economics) Honours in Delhi University if secured 80% in 12th Science? Difference between them?
  4. Can I get admission in DU for Economics honours?
  5. Can I do Economics honours without Maths in 12th class? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Can I study Economics Honours without Mathematics in 12th standard?
  7. What are the contents in Economics Honours of Undergraduate course?
  8. Is Maths compulsory for Economics honours?
  9. Is it worthy doing M.Sc Economics honours after B.Sc Economics honours?
  10. Eligibility to study Economics Honours in Delhi University for 12th PCM with Economics candidate? Best of 4 subjects considerable for admission?
  11. Which would be better B.Com or B.A. Economic honours? Difference between both? How to prepare for entrance exams of colleges?
  12. Which is better B.Com or Economics honours? Difference between B.A. Economics and B.Sc Economics?
  13. Am I eligible to study Economics Honours if completed 12th without Economics?
  14. Eligibility for economics honours after 12th without maths?
  15. How to study in economics after passing 12th examination? What is the minimum marks required to study economics honors
  16. Can I study M.Sc(Economics) in Symbiosis School of Economics being a B.A.(Economics) Honours student?
  17. Can I study BBA/B.A./B.Com/B.Sc Economics Honours course in Delhi University if secured 80% in 12th Science? Difference between them?
  18. Can I study B.A.(Economics) Honours being a 12th NIOS candidate?
22nd February 2016, 11:40 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is Maths necessary to study Economics Honours? How to get admission in the course?

Yes, it is necessary to have mathematics as main paper in 10+2 to get admission in Economics or B.Com hons.

So, if you do not have mathematics as main paper even after scoring better ( 95%) in board examination, you are not eligible to get admission in course.

For more information about admission procedure visit at official website of university or college you want to get admission.
23rd February 2016, 04:55 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is Maths necessary to study Economics Honours? How to get admission in the course?

Yes to pursue graduation with Economics Honours candidate must have to study Mathematics. To study Economics you have to take Maths also and it is compulsory.
23rd February 2016, 08:31 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Delhi University which is considered to be India's number one university requires mathematics as compulsory subject in 10+2 if you are interested in admission in majority of Indian universities in Economics Honours. No matter whether your score 95% or 97% marks, without mathematics, you can not get admission in this bachelor's degree. For Economics, Honors, you must have studied Mathematics at 10+2 level.

In case of Delhi University, online application for undergraduate admission begins in last week of May and cut off lists are released in first week of July then admission process starts. Candidates scoring 95% or more have good chance of getting admission in top colleges like SRCC, Ram Jas College, Hans Raj college etc.
23rd February 2016, 11:47 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,

I am a student reading in class 12th and i am pretty sure that i will get 95 % in boards. I am interested in economics but i get to hear that maths is compulsory for getting into eco honours. Is it true? Also guide me to get admission in the course?

Kindly clarify this query of mine.
No, it is not necessary to study Mathematics to study Economics Honours in graduation. You have to apply to the college either online or offline with required documents and certificates for admission. After short listing you will be called for an admission and then you have to pay the fee and get admitted. The duration of the course is 3 years. The eligibility to study B.A in Economics Honours is a pass in 10+2 with Economics with 45% marks. The course is available in many colleges like;
17th June 2017, 01:24 PM
Unregistered

I don't have opt mathematics as my main subject in class 12 but want to opt economic hons in my graduation is it possible to take economic hons in du without mathematics?
25th February 2018, 12:31 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my 12th exams with PCB and i want to pursue BBA for further studies?Is it possible?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?