13th April 2014, 01:34 AM
Unregistered

Is Maths compulsory for Economics honours?

I am a 12 student having commerce but with maths can i get addmision in economic honours is maths is complesary subject in 12 for eco honours

18th April 2014, 07:50 AM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is Maths compulsory for Economics honours?

In commerce stream maths is an extremely important subject. Because commerce the entire concept is only based on calculations, numbers and mathematics. so it is good that you already have mathematics as one of the subjects in your course curriculum.

It is most necessary that you study maths up to the 12th level so that your fundamental concepts and basics are clear. Then after 12th you can opt any subject in commerce line or arts stream to do your honors. and yes of course maths is a compulsory subject for Economics honors. For economics honors you must do a lot of hard work on economics, maths and general knowledge too.

Economics is a subject which requires the student to be always update with the national & international scenario of the economics. And most importantly you must remember that you have chosen to study a difficult subject yourself so never hesitate to pay attention to the most important subject ECONOMICS. Of Course Maths is compulsory for Economics honors which you want to pursue as higher studies. so better study maths with as much importance as economics. Without maths you cannot take up graduation in any of the subject in commerce stream.
25th June 2015, 03:02 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my graduation in economics honours from Delhi university in 2012. Then I was preparing for civil services for 3 years n simultaneously I was doing post graduation in economics. . Now I wanted to do internship related to my field.. what can I do? Please tell me
24th December 2015, 08:02 PM
Unregistered

I am currently completing my 12th standard but i don't have maths .
The subjects i have are - eco, accounts , commerce , english and computers .
Can i do economics honous or not ???
2nd January 2016, 11:35 PM
Unregistered

I am still a class12 student with subjects- eng,eco,comm.,accounts and psychology.Can i will be able to do economics hons. in future.please reply.
21st August 2016, 12:50 AM
Unregistered

Can i take admission B.com (h) in due without math. But i have knowlede of 11 & 12 math
18th May 2017, 12:16 PM
Unregistered

I have secured 94% in my higher secondary exam and my subjects are economics, political science, history and geography. Will I get a seat in Delhi university if my score in each subjects are above 90% ?
25th February 2020, 07:04 PM
Unregistered

I am studying economics and business studies secondary will I make it in the exam without maths
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?