22nd November 2017, 04:23 PM
Unregistered

Is maths really required to become a genetic engineer?

Is math really required to become a genetic engineer. I am a student with pure science as my stream in 11th. Please tell me whether am I eligible to become a genetic engineer? Please reply for this question.

Related Questions:
  1. Is Maths compulsory for Genetic engineering? What is Modus Operandi?
  2. Which are the colleges offering genetic engineering in Maharashtra? Marks required to apply for genetic engineering? Which are the other competitive exams for genetic engineering?
  3. How to become a genetic engineer after choosing Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Biotechnology
  4. Is Maths subject required to do the Genetic engineering course?
  5. What are the subjects required for Genetic Engineering? Is Maths required for Genetic Engineering course?
  6. Is maths required for Genetic Engineering?
  7. Is Maths and Biology compulsory in 10+2 to become a Genetic Engineer?
  8. How to become a Genetic Engineer?
  9. How to become a genetic engineer? Procedure to apply in colleges to do genetic engineering
  10. Which subject to take in 11th to become a Genetic Engineer?
  11. How to join PCB group without maths to become a genetic engineer?
  12. Can I join Genetic Engineering after 12th without having Maths in 11th? Which colleges in India offer Genetic Engineering course?
  13. Which are the courses after passing 12th biology? I want to be a genetic engineer
  14. How can I take admission in MSc in human genetics? I have completed BSc in Agriculture
  15. Is genetics a good course? How much score should I score? Which colleges are available for me?
  16. Which jobs I can get after completing genetic engineering?
  17. What is minimum salary offered for a Genetic Engineer? What will be the career scope for Genetic Engineer in India?
  18. Is Mathematics compulsory for studying genetic engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
22nd November 2017, 08:10 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is maths really required to become a genetic engineer?

Eligibility criteria to become Genetic Engineer:

An individual Aspiring for a career in genetic engineering can start the B tech course after she has completed his 10 + 2 with the physics, chemistry and Mathematics and Biology.

Admission to be taken in Genting engineering / biotechnology / biochemical engineering is made generally through the entrance test.

Yes maths is compulsory if you want to study genetic engineering.

You can still have the chance to work in the field of genetics if you can do your graduation and then post graduation in streams like biochemistry and microbiology.
22nd November 2017, 09:50 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Yes, Maths is really required for studying genetic engineering because the basic eligibility criteria is passed 12th with Biology, chemistry and mathematics as well as genetics as part of the Biology or if you have a bachelor's degree in science or Molecular Biology / then you are also eligible for studying in genetic engineering.
22nd November 2017, 10:07 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

In order to become a genetic engineer, you must complete your 12th standard with mathematics, chemistry and biology as compulsory subjects from a recognized board. You have to appear for Joint Entrance Examination for admission in IIT's and other state/national level examinations to get admission in reputed colleges. Therefore, mathematics is a compulsory subject to become a genetic engineer.
22nd November 2017, 10:14 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Yes, aspirants who want to become Genetic Engineer must have studied mathematics in their 12th standard along with physics, chemistry and English from a recognised board with minimum 60% marks.
Biology students are not eligible to apply for genetic engineering. The admission to this course is done on the basis of JEE examination.
22nd November 2017, 10:47 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are right maths is compulsory at plus two level if you want to pursue course in engineering streams, the same is applicable for genetical engineering too. You Still stand a chance to work in the field of genetics If you can do a graduation / post graduation in a streams like biochemistry and microbiology.
23rd November 2017, 12:01 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes, Mathematics is a must subject for any Engineering course.
In order to opt for any of the Engineering course, an aspirant must have studied Mathematics as a subject in plus two.
Candidates those who have completed their class 12th examination in Science stream studying Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as a subject combination from a recognized University scoring a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the B.Tech or BE degree course in Genetic Engineering.
23rd November 2017, 04:00 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is math really required to become a genetic engineer. I am a student with pure science as my stream in 11th. Please tell me whether am I eligible to become a genetic engineer? Please reply for this question.

Eligibility for studying the BTech Genetic Engineering course is a pass in 10+2 or equivalent examinations with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology or Biotechnology subjects from a recognized board. Therefore, you can study genetic engineering without studying mathematics as a subject in 10+2. The BTech Genetic Engineering course is available to study in SRM University. Duration of the course is four years. The knowledge of mathematics is helpful for the genetic engineers. Candidates can find the details about the BTech Genetic Engineering in the SRM University website link given Click Here
23rd November 2017, 06:10 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Yes, Maths is mandatory subject to become a Genetic Engineer. In order to be eligible for Genetic Engineer, you must have completed 12th standard with a minimum of 50% marks and have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as compulsory subjects from a recognized university.
23rd November 2017, 06:51 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Yes, math is necessary to apply for genetic engineering course, because to apply for bachelors degree like B.E/ B.Tech in genetic engineering applicant must have done 10+2 in science stream with Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics from government recognized board with minimum 60% marks obtained.

- To get admission in some of reputed institutes you must have to appear in entrance exams like EEE (Engineering Entrance Exam), JEE IIT (Indian Institute of Technology) conducted by various government organizations like CBSE to admit eligible candidate for genetic engineering course.
23rd November 2017, 08:11 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Most of the reputed institutes and universities ask for maths for genetic engineering course. Admission will be on the basis of performance in the entrance exam conducted by the concerned university.

Most the courses offered is B.Tech in genetic engineering, which usually ask for PCMB stream. Entrance exam will have questions related to these subjects.
15th July 2018, 10:44 PM
laxmeech

Yes mathematics is very essential subject to be any type of engineer. Mathematics is core subject to study engineering further. You can't pursue engineering without mathematics in 10+2 or any equivalent course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?