3rd August 2014, 09:49 PM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to be an honours graduate for CAT exam?

I am so sad for my 1st year b.com result.recently my result is announced & my result says that i lost my honours degree...so i want to know that "is it necessary to be an honours graduate to get chance in cat exam..??"

10th August 2014, 12:40 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to be an honours graduate for CAT exam?

Yes, you can seek admission in the MBA institute provided you clear the entrance exams. You can start your preparation in the final year of the graduation. You can even seek admission in the Career Launcher coaching institute who also offers online coaching option. There are three stage entrance exam which includes: Written Exam, Group Discussion and Personal Interview. Technically, Common Admission Test (CAT) is conducted for the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) entrance. Aspirants must hold a Bachelor’s Degree with minimum 50 per cent marks or equivalent CGPA . For the SC/ST candidates and Differently Abled (DA) category, minimum 45 per cent marks is required.
The Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification should be after completion of class 12 or equivalent. Candidates appearing for the final year bachelor’s degree are also eligible to apply. In such a scenario, a certificate from the Principal/Head of the Department/Registrar/Director of the university/ institution which states that the candidate is awaiting final results. If you have the clarity to pursue MBA the you should start preparing for the competitive tests like CAT, XAT.
Incase of XAT or Xavier Aptitude Test has been conducted for getting admission in XLRI, Jamshedpur. Candidate scores less than 50% in aggregate in the graduation final examination are also eligible for the test. Even final year graduation students can also write the exam. They have to submit the final exam scorecard within a stipulated time. XAT eligibility criteria is also uniform for all categories of candidates, General, SC, ST, OBC and DA. It offers courses in XLRI
11th August 2014, 11:54 AM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am so sad for my 1st year b.com result.recently my result is announced & my result says that i lost my honours degree...so i want to know that "is it necessary to be an honours graduate to get chance in cat exam..??"
Nothing like that, both the honours as well as normal bachelor degree holders is eligible to apply for CAT entrance examination. So, please don't worry. If you have completed three bachelor degree without any pending backlogs, you are definitely eligible for CAT entrance examination.

CAT stands for (Common Admission Test) and this entrance examination is conducted by Indian Institute of Management. The applicant who are interested to admission for MBA course.

The following eligibility is needed to appearing in CAT examination. 10+2 certificate from a recognized education board, students with any streams at the higher secondary level can apply for this course. Minimum 50% marks required to appear 12th standard level.

For more information please visit here:- http://www.cat2013.iimidr.ac.in/
11th August 2014, 06:03 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Yes, graduation degree is must for CAT exam.

CAT stands for Common Admission Test. CAT examination is conducted by IIM's every year for admission in IIM and top level MBA colleges.

Those candidate who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university with above 50% marks are eligible for CAT exam.

For SC/ST candidates the percentage is 45 % in graduation. There is no age limitation for the candidates. Final year student are also eligible for CAT exam.

For more details about CAT exam ,you can visit to the website http://www.catiim.in
12th August 2014, 08:04 AM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Yes, you can seek admission in the MBA institute provided you clear the entrance exams. You can start your preparation in the final year of the graduation. You can even seek admission in the Career Launcher coaching institute who also offers online coaching option. There are three stage entrance exam which includes: Written Exam, Group Discussion and Personal Interview. Technically, Common Admission Test (CAT) is conducted for the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) entrance. Aspirants must hold a Bachelor’s Degree with minimum 50 per cent marks or equivalent CGPA . For the SC/ST candidates and Differently Abled (DA) category, minimum 45 per cent marks is required.
The Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification should be after completion of class 12 or equivalent. Candidates appearing for the final year bachelor’s degree are also eligible to apply. In such a scenario, a certificate from the Principal/Head of the Department/Registrar/Director of the university/ institution which states that the candidate is awaiting final results. If you have the clarity to pursue MBA the you should start preparing for the competitive tests like CAT, XAT.
12th August 2014, 10:03 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

As you haven't completed your degree you are not eligible for applying for the CAT exam.You are not satisfying the education qualification needed for the CAT Exam.This exam is conducted for candidates to join in MBA in various colleges in India.

The education qualification needed for the CAT Exam is that the candidate must have completed a Bachelor degree with at least 50% aggregate from a recognized university and there are certain relaxation for other category candidates and for SC/ST candidate it is 45%.

You are ineligible for applying for the CAT Exam.

Regards
~Jxsab~
24th May 2016, 12:47 PM
Unregistered

Now ,I am in second year ,so I have to start the preparations for cat exam?
11th June 2016, 04:28 PM
AA 12345
Senior Member+

Yes of course, you are eligible to apply for CAT Exam without honours in B.Com course they asking only graduation. But to apply CAT you must have a graduation. So you didn't worry about that. Concentrate on your preparation.

CAT stands for Common Admission Test and this examination is conducted by IIM (Indian Institute of Management ) Once in a year for admission to MBA courses.

IIM is the finest college in India and every interest to join that prestigious Institution and it is not easy crack the examination without huge effect.

Minimum Qualification to apply for this examination is that candidate must have a completed degree course from a recognized Institution or equivalent qualification and must secure at least 50% Marks in aggregation(45% Marks for reserved categories). Final year candidates may also eligible to apply for this examination.
14th June 2016, 03:00 PM
Expert king

For Applying the CAT exam you just have graduation with any stream from recognized university.
Here both graduation honors and general graduates are eligible for CAT exam.
The minimum eligibility criteria for CAT is:

A candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA [45% in case of SC/ST or Persons with Disability (PWD)], and final year students also eligible.

So it implies, you can do graduation from any stream, but must attain the above prescribed percentage.
15th October 2020, 04:21 PM
Unregistered

can any backlog pending students apply for CAT?
20th April 2021, 10:38 PM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to have honours degree for admission in Kim's
18th September 2021, 10:18 PM
Minal F

Candidates must have a bachelor's degree with minimum 50% marks or CGPA or equivalent .

ADMISSION PROCESS;

WRITTEN TEST
INTERVIEW
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?