20th March 2015, 01:02 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to study BCA if qualified 12th without Maths?

Friends,
I have just passed my 12th Class & I got 60%.
I Want to do BCA as my future option from IP university.
But I don't have Maths in my 12th.
So can I do BCA.
Please reply to me fast.

22nd March 2015, 10:23 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study BCA if qualified 12th without Maths?

The Eligibility for getting into BCA are:-

A Candidate for admission to the three-year post graduate course in BCA must have passed the qualifying examination 10+2
or
Equivalent with Mathematics as one of the subjects in 10+2 level.

So as per this you are not eligible .

You can go for following entrance exams also :-

Common Entrance Test(CET)
Symbosis Entrance Test(SET) for admit into Symbiosis International University (SIU).

So, you can make a direct admission or go for entrance exams.
22nd March 2015, 02:41 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible to study BCA course. That's because as per BCA course eligibility criteria of most of the universities, candidates who have completed their 12th standard in any stream are eligible to get admission in BCA course. So, you are definitely eligible to get admission in BCA course. And as per eligibility criteria of most of the institutions, you should have minimum 45% of marks in your 12th standard, to get admission in BCA course.
22nd March 2015, 02:45 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in BCA course, even if you have not studied Maths subject in your 12th standard. That's because candidates who have completed their 12th standard in any stream are eligible to get admission in BCA course and you should have minimum 45% of marks to get admission in BCA course. So, you can definitely apply for admission in BCA course.
22nd March 2015, 03:30 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Friends,
I have just passed my 12th Class & I got 60%.
I Want to do BCA as my future option from IP university.
But I don't have Maths in my 12th.
So can I do BCA.
Please reply to me fast.
You have completed 12th standard with Bio-science so you are eligible for BCA course.

BCA stands for Bachelor's of Computer Application.

The candidate should have completed 12th in any stream preferably Science stream with at least 50% marks with Mathematics as one of the subject of studies from a recognized Board.

Your age shouldn't be bellow 17 years.
23rd March 2015, 06:10 PM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

Eligibility criteria required to get admission in BCA program after completion of 12th class :

A candidate should have completed his/her 12th class examination and passed from a recognized board or state or CBSE or ICSE.

Candidate should have passed 10+2 examination with mathematics with combination of Physics, Chemistry and Maths or Physics, Computers and Maths.

Some universities provides admission in BCA course on the basis of 12th in commerce so if you have completed your 12th in commerce then you can apply for admission in BCA.

BCA is a very popular degree course among newcomers who will to have their future brighter in computer field.

But there is one more thing about your eligibility is that if you have not completed your 10+2 in any one of these above mentioned subjects then you will not be considered eligible to get admission in BCA course by any regular or distance or open university and in such condition, you will have to change your decision of pursuing BCA.

Do not worry about computers because there are some other fields which also can be better for your career and may be the science is the best for you if completed your last course from Biology and literature can be best if completed course in arts so future is finally secure, you just have to work hard to learn more.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?