29th December 2016, 01:02 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to study B.Tech from any open university?

Sir, I am a diploma holder (electronics and communication engineering). I have completed with 80% but I have one arrear. I would like to study B.Tech. Is it possible to study in any open university?

29th December 2016, 02:03 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to study B.Tech from any open university?

There are some open university which offers Bachelor of Technology like:

>>Karnataka State Open University.

>>JNTU-School of Distance Education.

>>Andhra University--School of Distance Education.

However, B.Tech course from these open university is not approved by All India Council for Technical Education which is regulator body for technical education. Instead of pursuing B.Tech from open university, you can apply for Lateral Entry Entrance Test to pursue bachelor's degree in technology from AICTE recognized institutes. To apply for LEET, you need to have minimum of 60% marks in diploma.

You need to first clear your backlog first for admission in B.Tech. Through LEET exam, you can get admission in second year of engineering directly.
29th December 2016, 03:32 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

B.Tech approved by AICTE is not possible to pursue in distance mode. Only those who want a non AICTE approved can study a distance mode degree offered by some open universities.

Therefore, it is all upto you to make the decision. Act according to your requirement.
29th December 2016, 09:55 PM
Program complete
Senior Member++

Yes,you can study B.Tech from any open university.The following are the some universities that provide this course:-

**Aakash Internation Business ManagemenUniversity

**Edu Experts (Karnataka State Open University) RajajiNagar Bangalore

**YES Education Mulund West Mumbai

**Excel College of Higher Education Navi Mumbai

**International Institute of Management and Technical Studies Basavanagudi Bangalore.
29th December 2016, 11:19 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am happy to tell you that definitely you can study B.Tech course from any of the Open University after the completion of Diploma course with 80% of marks.
Candidates those who have completed their Diploma course can apply for the B.Tech course from any Open University.
30th December 2016, 12:29 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you cannot get admission in the above mentioned course via distance mode of education as there is no such provision for it. You will have to get admission in the above mentioned course in regular medium of education and thus can continue with it and in future opt for higher education.
30th December 2016, 04:50 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I am a diploma holder (electronics and communication engineering). I have completed with 80% but I have one arrear. I would like to study B.Tech. Is it possible to study in any open university?
You have completed diploma course in ECE, you are eligible for B.Tech course through distance education.

List of the University for Distance education:-

Goa University
Ph. No: 0832 651 9048
Address: Taleigao Plateau, Bambolim, Goa-403001

Nalanga Open University
Ph. No: 0612 220 6916
Address: West Gandhi Maidan, 1st Floor, Biscoman Bhawan, Patna, Bihar-800001

IGNOU
Ph. No: 011 2953 3869
Address: # RZ-A-44, Road Number 4, Block B, Mahipalpur Extension, New Delhi, Delhi-110037
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?