26th December 2016, 08:28 PM
Unregistered

Scope of biotechnology courses

I am in 11 class I took both maths and bio both. Initially I made my mind for medical but soon realised that it would take a lot of time and hard work that is why now I am interested in other fields specially biotechnology after 12th which will take less time and offer almost same scope. So, can anyone impart me with more information about this field as I have no clue about it.

Related Questions:
  1. Which field I can go for doing Post graduation course after completion of B.Sc Biotechnology?
  2. Similar fields to BSc Biotechnology? Requirements for those courses? Information and scope of the courses?
  3. Scope of biotechnology courses
  4. Scope in Clinical research after M.Sc (Biotechnology)? Salary variation between PG Diploma and M.Tech (Biotechnology)? Scope of M.Tech (Biotechnology) after M.Sc? Areas of jobs?
  5. What is the further scope in Biotechnology? Can a student with 75% join Biotechnology?
  6. B.Sc(genetics or biotechnology) or BE(biotechnology): Course with better scope for getting a job?
  7. Is biotechnology and genetic engineering two different courses?
  8. Scope of phd in biotechnology after msc biotechnology?
  9. Should I do Mtech in biotechnology after doing btech in biotechnology? what is the scope? India or abroad? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. What is the scope of MBA biotechnology?
  11. Which course is best to study after B.Sc Biotechnology? How to study the same? -- [New]
  12. Scope in food biotechnology & bioprocessing
  13. Scope in Biotechnology Field after M.Tech in Biotechnology?
  14. Is it necessary to do M.Tech. to get a good job just after B.Tech. in biotechnology? What is the scope of biotechnology studies?
  15. Integrated course in M.Tech (Biotechnology) from JNU? Syllabus? Career options and scope of biotechnology in India?
  16. Is there any scope for Biotechnology in India?
  17. Which course is better for engineering between Biotechnology and Biomedical?
  18. Which course should I opt for M.Sc among Biotechnology, Biochemistry and Nanotechnology pursuing B.Sc in Biotechnology? Career scope of Nanotechnology course?
27th December 2016, 07:44 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Scope of biotechnology courses

Yes definitely if you study BSc in biotechnology in comparison to medical then it would be really beneficial for you because now a days biotechnology has more demand in comparison to medicine. Those who have completed their digain biotechnology have lot of scope in teaching field. You can look for openings as lecturer for assistant professors in various colleges and Universities.
Moreover you can also work in aquaculture sectors, pharmacutical forms and food processing industries.
Some of the government sector undertakings that recruit this graduates are following:
Biotech Consortium India Limited
Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology
All India Biotech Association
28th December 2016, 04:12 PM
pruthvi12dba

There are ample of opportunities for careers in Biotechnology.In this course, you have the wide variety of opportunities.

You can proceed in sales and marketing, to research and development, to manufacturing and quality control and assurance.

After completed this course you have possibilities to work in these sectors.

* Microbiologist
* Biomedical Engineer
* Soil and Plant Scientist
* Food Scientist and Technologist
28th December 2016, 10:46 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

There are lot of career opportunities for Biotechnology courses.
Below I have mentioned some of the fields where you can enhance your career in the respective field.

Candidates can proceed towards these of the fields:-

Animal Husbandry
Genetic Engineering
Agriculture
Environment Conservation
Health Care
Medicine
Industrial Research

Apart from that those who have completed their Masters degree in this field or higher studies can have options in the field of teachings. Candidates may apply for the post of lecturer in different Colleges.
Candidates can also indulge themselves in the pharmaceutical firms as well as in food processing departments.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?