27th July 2015, 08:54 PM
Unregistered

What are the career prospects for B.Sc. Home Science Honours students?

Hello, I am a student of Home Science Honours. I would like to know about the career prospects of Home Science honours.

Related Questions:
  1. Courses which I can do after qualifying HS exam from CBSE with 85.6% in science stream and 9/100 in CS? Future prospects in BSc computer science honors?
  2. B.Sc degree is a good option for science stream students? What are the career opportunities and future prospects available for B.Sc students?
  3. Career prospects after BSc Nursing honors?
  4. Career scope for students who have done BSc Honors in Chemistry? What kind of jobs are there? How much is the salary?
  5. What are the carer options after BSc Home Science?
  6. Advantages of pursuing BSc Honors course in Computer Science from Delhi University? What are the career options after BSc Course?
  7. List of career options available for a B.Sc(computer science) graduate? List of top colleges I can apply for?
  8. What are the future prospects in Geography?
  9. Scope and career prospects in BSc Microbiology stream?
  10. What is the scope of BSc course nowadays? How is the BSc Physical science course different from BSc Honors course? Will this affect in pursing higher studies or during job?
  11. Can I get admission in DU for Political Science Honours if scored 95 marks in 12th Political Science?
  12. Fields other than Engineering or Medical after 10+2 in Science? With no entrance exam requirements
  13. Which field is best in BSc applied science?
  14. Career oppertunity for home science students? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Job opportunities after B.Sc Home Science?
  16. Which specialization is the best for career in BSc Computer Science or BSc Electronics?
  17. Courses available and the career options after BSc Maths Honors?
  18. Last 10 years question papers of JRF Home Science? I am pursuing graduation from BSc Home Science
28th July 2015, 02:09 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the career prospects for B.Sc. Home Science Honours students?

Home Science is a combination of art and science. Home science not only include food and nutrition but also covers other areas like:

>>Housekeeping.

>>Child Development and Hygiene.

>>Clothing.

>>Family Relations etc.

After completion of bachelor's degree in home science, you can go for post graduate courses as well as for jobs also. Some of the specialization at master's degree level in home science:

1. Home Management.

2. Home Science Education.

3. Child Devlopment.

4. Nutrition and Dietetics.

5. Textile and clothing.

Job opportunities:

You can get job in different sectors like sales jobs, service jobs, technical jobs and production jobs. Sales jobs includes jobs in companies engaged in food production, jobs in cloth and fashion designing.

In government sector, you can get jobs as food scientist, research assistants, demonstrators in government research institutes. You can get teaching jobs after doing bachelor of education. After master's degree, you can apply for the National Eligibility test for lectureship or Junior Research Fellowship.
28th July 2015, 04:22 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the career prospects for B.Sc. Home Science Honours students?

Career Prospects for B.Sc Home Science Honors Candidates:

After successful completion of B.Sc Home Science (Honours) you may even go for the below courses in Master's Degree. I suggest you to choose the best course based on your interest and achievements.

>> Master of Science in Human Development

>> Master of Science in Social Work (MSW)

>> Master of Science in Hospital Administration

>> Master of Science in Textile

>> Master of Science in Home Management

>> Master of Science in Home Science

>> Master of Science in Nutrition and Food Science

>> Master of Science in Food Processing and Nutrition

>> Master of Science in Family Resource Management

>> Master of Science in Dietetics and Nutrition

You may find employment opportunities in Hotel Industries, Food Industries, Restaurants, Food Preservation Firms, Welfare Organizations, Hospitals, Community Development Programs, Manufacturing Units, Resorts as food scientists, Research Assistants and Food Analysts.
10th April 2017, 05:32 PM
Unregistered

What are the career opportunities after completion of bsc Home science specialized in communication and management?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?