25th July 2015, 02:47 PM
Unregistered

What to do after completion of graduation? Prepare for CAT exam or for getting job?

Hi,

I am currently pursuing graduation from B.Sc(h) Mathematics and is confused of what to do after graduation Should i opt for Cat preparation or go for job or seek a chance in Civil services. i have got reasonable no. in 10th-80% and 12th-89.2%. Looking for an early reply.

26th July 2015, 12:07 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: What to do after completion of graduation? Prepare for CAT exam or for getting job?

Both are good career aspects after graduation.

CAT i.e Common Admission Test is conducted by IIT's once in a year. The exam notification will be published in the month of August or September in the official website of CAT. CAT Examination is conducted for admission to MBA course.

Minimum Academic Qualification to apply for this examination is that the candidate should have completed degree course in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. The candidate must have secured at least 50% marks in aggregate for general candidates and 45% marks in aggregate for reserved categories. Those who are studying in the final year of degree course may also apply.

Selection Process: Written Examination, Group Discussion and Personal Interview. Written Examination consists of English Language, Verbal Ability, Quantitative Aptitude, Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning.

Civil Service Examination is one of the best career option after completing graduation. Civil Service Examination is conducted for admission to IAS, IPS and IFS Examination. The candidate should have completed degree course in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. The candidate age should be between 21 years and 32 years as on 1st August of the year of the examination.
26th July 2015, 01:07 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What to do after completion of graduation? Prepare for CAT exam or for getting job?

Both CAT exam and Civil Service Job has very good future and good career opportunity.
You can prepare for both CAT and Civil Service Exam as the preparation consists of aptitude and reasoning questions. So you can prepare for both side by side.
But according to me you should go for the preparation of Civil Service Exam, as it will give you better life in terms of respect, social status etc.
Other than CAT and Civil Service job, if you want to seek some other job, then just drop the idea. CAT and Civil Service both are very good oppotunity.
30th September 2015, 11:02 PM
vinoth1921

-->As you are a good Mathematician, you will be good at problem solving.
-->There are many exams like CAT/ MAT/ XAT for doing M.B.A. and get a good college like IIM's according to the Merit list.
-->Master in Science can also be done so that you could actually get into Teaching profession.

If you are looking for UPSC,
-->UPSC conducts many exams like Civil Service(IAS/ IPS/ IFS etc.) for Civil service aspirants.

-->Eligibility
-Citizen of India
-Should be a Graduate
-Age Limit - 21-30 yrs
-Some post require Physical qualifications.

-->Examination Process
-Preliminary Exam
-Main Written Exam
-Interview

-->You can also try for SSB/ Bank Exams/ IBPS/ RRB etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?