20th July 2015, 12:37 PM
Unregistered

What to do after completion of Graduation? Do I need to prepare for the job or CAT exam?

Hi,

I am currently pursuing graduation from bsc(h) Mathematics and is confused of what to do after graduation Should i opt for Cat preparation or go for job or seek a chance in Civil services. i have got reasonable no. in 10th-80% and 12th-89.2%. Looking for an early reply.

20th July 2015, 08:45 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: What to do after completion of Graduation? Do I need to prepare for the job or CAT exam?

You have good percentage in your 10th and 12th standard. CAT or Civil Service Exams both are good options after graduation. CAT i.e Common Admission Test is conducted by Indian Institute of Management once in a year for admission to MBA course. IIM is the one of the finest institution in India. After completing MBA course in IIM, you have good career opportunities in top MNC companies. But it is not simple task to clear without proper preparation.

Civil Service Exam is also one of the best career option after graduation. Civil Service Examination is conducted by UPSC once in a year for admission to IAS, IPS and IFS..etc. This year notification has been already closed. Next notification will be published in the month of May or June in the official website of UPSC as well as Employment News paper. To apply for civil service examination is that the candidate should have completed degree course in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. The candidate age should be between 21-30 years at the time of appearing for this examination.
20th July 2015, 11:37 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What to do after completion of Graduation? Do I need to prepare for the job or CAT exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,

I am currently pursuing graduation from bsc(h) Mathematics and is confused of what to do after graduation Should i opt for Cat preparation or go for job or seek a chance in Civil services. i have got reasonable no. in 10th-80% and 12th-89.2%. Looking for an early reply.
Your through out marks in career is so good. So you can try for Civil Service exam. You are final year of B.Sc in Mathematics so after completion of B.Sc degree, you can apply for Civil service exam.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for Civil service exam.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for Civil service exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview
21st July 2015, 02:30 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

After completion of your Graduation, you have two chances i.e., one is to do a job and other is to pursue higher studies in Master's degree courses. If you are interested to pursue Master's degree courses then, you prepare for CAT examination and by appearing and qualifying the examination, you can get admission in MBA course. If you are interested to do high level Government jobs like IAS, IPS, IFS, IRS, etc. you need to prepare for Civil Services. If you are interested to do job in Private Sector Companies then, you can search for a job but, the decision to be taken finally depends upon your interest.
21st July 2015, 07:50 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

It entirely depends on one's own interest to pursue his career. Choose a wise decision to pursue your career.

If you are willing to do study higher studies and make career as a top most position opt for CAT preparation and crack it.

If you want to support your family then you must take a job in interested filed. As you are mentioning Civil services, start preparing right from now onwards as it is not easy to crack civil services.

Lastly "Do what you love" or "Love what you do".
22nd July 2015, 12:24 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,

You can apply for Job or you can apply for Master Degree course after completing Graduation. If you want to get good job with high salary package then i suggest you to apply for Master Degree after Graduation. There are lots of opportunities available for MBA graduates. One can join the job in any industry and work for two or three years and after that also can join MBA. So it is up to the individual interest to decide. There are lots of openings in Banking sector and other private sectors for degree holders. One can join in BPO sector also with Graduation degree. Some of the corporate companies also providing fees for its employees to study MBA (part time), when they working itself, with some conditions like he or she has to work for two or three years in the same organizations after completing the MBA. The value of the MBA is much more when you study at IIMs. You can get placed in large corporate companies. The salary package is also higher for IIM graduates.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?