2nd January 2017, 03:02 PM
Unregistered

What to do, if I failed in a subject in my engineering degree?

I study a lot but I don’t get any good results in engineering mathematics. I got 10/50 in test one and go 2/50 in test. This really pulls me down because I passed other subjects. I think if I fail the exam, am going to re-write again and I don’t want that. Please help.

Related Questions:
2nd January 2017, 04:43 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What to do, if I failed in a subject in my engineering degree?

If you have failed in a subject in engineering degree then, you can reappear in supplementary examination and get qualified. If you don't want to get failed in final Mathematics examination then, you need to prepare well or it is best to take tuition for Mathematics subject, so, that you can gain some knowledge on that concepts which helps you have to qualify the subject.
3rd January 2017, 09:14 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Mathematics is a subject which requires conceptual knowledge and then enough practice. Just follow the simple steps given below, you will definitely clear this subject this time:

>>First of all write down your syllabus of mathematics subjects. First try to solve those topics which you the like the most. Read the theory, solve examples then solve exercise questions.

>>Focus more on questions which had been asked previously in university examination. In this way, complete the whole syllabus. Once your syllabus is over, buy last ten question bank of this subject.

>>Without taking help of solution, solve questions, it will boost your confidence, questions which are tricky mark a symbol on that so that you can pay special attention near examination. In university exam of any subject, 30-35 questions are repeated from last 10-12 year papers.
9th January 2017, 09:29 AM
Sameerthapar123

Maths is a subject which you can only overcome through practice.
What you need to do is get a book which has a lot of solved examples of the topics that you have to study.
Most of the mathematics books have a lot of solved problems but I would suggest you to buy G.V.Kumbhojkar as that is by far the best Engineering Maths book and that too for all the semesters.
Next, you will have to go through all of these solved problems(don't solve just read them). But make sure you are not memorizing the steps but you are actually trying to see how the thinking of starting, building up and finding the answer steps have come about.
Try to understand every single step(even the smallest of the ones) in detail.
Mark the step that you did not understand in a different manner from the steps that you did understand but couldn't have thought of it had the book not been there. But it is important to mark both type of steps in different manner.
Once you have completed the solved examples, you must then solve the exercise question(unsolved).
Even after all of this, you are not able to understand, then I would suggest you to approach a teacher/friend/mentor to learn the subject from.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?