4th November 2017, 09:27 PM
Unregistered

What is the eligibility criteria for BUMS admission?

I am from Bihar. My name is Md Arshad Imam. My father name is Sheikh Kalam Azad. He is a farmer. I passed 12th in English medium with 49%. Can I get admission in BUMS?

4th November 2017, 11:22 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria for BUMS admission?

I am very sorry to say that you are not eligible for BUMS course after the completion of your class 12th with only 49% of marks in it.
Candidates those who have completed their class 12th in Science stream studying Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as a subject combination from a recognized Board scoring a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the BUMS course.
5th November 2017, 09:48 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

BUMS stands for Bachelor of Unani Medicine & Surgery. The duration of the course is 5.5 years including 1 year of internship. The minimum requirement to pursue this course is, completion of 12th standard with minimum 50% marks in physics, chemistry and biology subjects from a recognized board. You should have attained the age of 17 years at the time of the examination.

With this eligibility you have to appear for National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) . Hence, after qualifying the examination, you can get admission in BUMS colleges.
5th November 2017, 10:02 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria Required to get admission in BUMS course:

There is a certain educational qualification required to get admission into this Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery (BUMS) course.

The basic educational qualification required is,

>> 12th Class in 10+2 pattern from a recognized university with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects.

>> To get admission into some of the colleges, the minimum percentage required in 12th Class is 50% marks. And for some of the colleges, there is no such minimum percentage required.

>> Hence I would suggest you to contact the concerned college for getting admission and know it's eligibility criteria. You may get admission into the colleges where no such percentage criteria is required.
5th November 2017, 12:45 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For admission in BUMS, you need to have at least a class 12th qualification with physics, chemistry and biology subjects from a recognised board of education. Admission will be according to the performance in the entrance exam and seats are allotted through counseling.

Just make sure you apply for entrance exam on time and be prepared for the entrance exam. NEET is the best option available for admission in medical course like BUMS.
5th November 2017, 01:33 PM
ashfaquekhan316

The minimum eligibility criteria in order to get admission in the above mentioned course is that the candidate should haev passed Intermediate science or any pre-medical course of 10+2 equivalent examination with a minimum of 50% in aggregate from araeocgnized board.

If you do fulfill the above mentioned eligibility criteria, you can very much pursue the above mentioned course.

As per you information, I am sorry to say that you cannot get admission in the above mentioned course.
5th November 2017, 05:13 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am from Bihar. My name is Md Arshad Imam. My father name is Sheikh Kalam Azad. He is a farmer. I passed 12th in English medium with 49%. Can I get admission in BUMS?

Eligibility to study BUMS is a pass in 10+2 or intermediate with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects with a minimum of 50% marks and students must have studied Urdu in Class 12 or having proficiency in Urdu language will be given preference in admission. Admission to the BUMS course is done through an entrance examination State or National level and interview. Duration of the course is 4.5 years + 1 year internship. The BUMS course is available in various colleges in India. Candidates with the BUMS degree are eligible to practice.
5th November 2017, 06:40 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

BUMS stands for Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery. It is an undergraduate degree programme in the field of Unani medicine and surgery. It is 4.5 year academic session and 1 year internship programme with live practical.

Eligibility for getting admission to BUMS programme :

-The candidate should have passed 10+2 examination with 50% marks.

-The candidate must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology in 12th class.

-The students who have taken Urdu language in 12th class or having proficiency in Urdu language will get preference in admission.

-The candidate should be minimum 17 years old.
19th April 2018, 07:18 PM
Unregistered

I am swaliha from Kerala.Now i'm in 12th(CBSE).Ongoing with entrance coaching....I don't have any language other than English to study with plus two.
I want to know that.....is it important to study Urdu language( including certificate as a proof ) along with plus two to join BUMS.I'm very interested in BUMS and it's the dream of my family.I've passed 10th with 98% of marks.
Please give me a fast reply........
17th May 2018, 01:31 PM
Unregistered

I am home science student having subjects chemistry, biology, can l give physics as an isolated subject and qualify for BUMS?
28th May 2018, 12:02 AM
Unregistered

Sir my name is Ankit Gupta I got mark 300 in neet now am take admission BUMS for private collage sir, any one can explain me about the BUMS Admission plz reply
7th June 2018, 12:52 AM
Unregistered

Sir i got 335 in neet .I belong to obc category. I have passed 12th class in pcb stream with 97% marks English medium and i have no access on urdu.can i get a seat in bums in govt college in t.s through state quota?
20th June 2018, 10:13 AM
Unregistered

Sir I got 90 percent marks in inter bipc and i got 129 marks in neet 2018 will i get seat in bums ??
10th August 2018, 08:23 AM
Unregistered

What is the medium of instruction in BUMS. Is it compulsory to know Urdu language, my son studied in English medium up to tenth class and pursuing intermediate also in English medium. Please suggest me, what is the eligibility criteria about BUMS regarding Urdu language.or may take Urdu as second language in intermediate ?
10th August 2018, 08:36 AM
Unregistered

What is the medium of instruction in BUMS. Can English medium students can join in BUMS.
26th August 2018, 02:18 PM
Unregistered

I got 924 marks in inter bipc stream I have an urdu subject in 12th class but I got 114 marks in neet so I am eligible for bums course or not????
6th September 2018, 07:52 PM
Unregistered

My name is shaik Masrath & I have passed 10 2 with 95% of marks in andhra pradesh in english medium. I don't have urdu subject in 10th standard. But I studied Arabic in intermediate. I'm I eligible for bums. Plzzz reply soon
6th May 2019, 01:29 AM
Unregistered

My name is Mishkat Ansari .I m done the Bsc with botany last year.I got 81% (A Grade).can I get the admition on basaes of BSc?If complussory then I'll give NEETalso.plzz reply me
8th May 2019, 01:46 PM
kidzeee
Senior Member+

The basic eligibility criteria for pursuing Bachelor of Unani Medicine & Surgery (BUMS) course is a pass degree in Higher Secondary Examination or 10+2 in Science stream with subjects such as Physics, Chemistry and Biology with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized college or university.
11th July 2020, 11:04 PM
Unregistered

I have to do the bums but I have not pursued Urdu so can I get the admission in the bums?
16th July 2020, 08:17 PM
Unregistered

How many marks should be given in PCB FOR admission in BUMS%uD83E%uDD14
24th October 2020, 05:27 PM
Unregistered

Urdu subject is compulsory for bums admission.My son is from english medium upto xll sc
31st October 2020, 05:24 PM
chin6303

Wink Re: What is the eligibility criteria for BUMS admission?

What is the eligibility criteria for BUMS admission

Bachelor of Unani Medicine & Surgery Course Highlights
CourseName Bachelor of Unani Medicine & Surgery
Minimum Age 17 Years
Selection Process Admission Through Entrance Exams
Course Fee INR 50,000 to 6.3 Lakhs
Relevant Field Medicine
30th December 2020, 08:20 PM
Unregistered

Is Urdu is compulsory for BUMS in 10th ?
5th February 2021, 07:55 PM
Unregistered

I'm willing to take admission in BUMS but I didn't have urdu as my subject till 12th class. I have passed 12th with 73% and qualified NEET with 300 marks. Am I eligible for taking admission in BUMS in any college of India?
22nd August 2021, 12:50 PM
Available here
Senior Member+

BUMS means Bachelor Of Unani Medicine & Surgery.

Eligibility criteria:-
Candidates must have 12th passed in Science Stream (Physics, Chemistry and Biology)with minimum 50%to 55%marks.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?