17th January 2017, 06:42 PM
greeshma hemand

What is the procedure to get admission in B.Sc Agriculture? Do I need to write any entrance exam?

Respected Sir, I have completed my class 12th and now I want to pursue B.Sc in Agriculture so I want to know what is the procedure to get admission in B.Sc Agriculture? Do I need to write any entrance exam? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure to get admission for BSc Agriculture? Which entrance exam I have to write?
  2. Which subjects are required in 12th for BSc Agriculture? Fee structure for admission in BSc Agriculture? What is the admission procedure of various agriculture colleges in Maharashtra? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Eligibility criteria and admission procedure for B.Sc in Agriculture?
  4. Procedure to get admission for B.Sc in Agriculture in PAU? Date of PAU entrance exam of B.Sc agriculture?
  5. How to apply for B.Sc(agriculture)? Is EAMCET rank needed to get a seat in B.Sc(agriculture)? List of exams I should write to get admission in the same?
  6. Admission in B.Sc Agriculture is possible without clearing the entrance exam?
  7. Do I need to write any Entrance exam to get admission in B.Sc Agriculture? How can I apply for the exam? -- [New]
  8. How can I pursue B.Sc Agriculture from a Government College? What is the procedure to get admission?
  9. What should I do for taking up architectural engineering after completion of SSC exam with 80%? Diploma course or 11th and 12th?
  10. Date of B.Sc Agriculture and Horticulture counselling? Which exam to write?
  11. How to get admission in BSc agriculture government college? Last date of submission of application?
  12. Details about BSc Agriculture entrance exam notification? Best institutes for BSc Agriculture course in Kerala?
  13. Exams to write to study Agriculture in BSc? Fee structure details and list of private colleges in AP?
  14. B.Sc Agriculture or B.tech Agriculture which course will I get having 572 rank in SHIATS University entrance exam?
  15. Procedure to get admission in BSc Agriculture(Hons) in Khals College Amritsar?
  16. What is the procedure followed for getting admission for MSc agriculture biotechnology in abroad?
  17. Date of BSc Agriculture exam? Best institutes of BSc Agriculture in AP?
  18. Institutes offering MSc Agriculture and Disaster Management course? Mode of admission and the procedure?
18th January 2017, 10:44 PM
eSolution
Junior Member+

Default Re: What is the procedure to get admission in B.Sc Agriculture? Do I need to write any entrance exam?

B.sc in Agriculture is a 4 year course. Th eligibility criteria is 40-50% in class 12th standard with science stream. There are two modes of admission :

First mode is direct admission and the second mode is via Entrance exam.
Direct admission is completely dependent on the college and the cut-off of the college.

Some of the entrance exams are :
EAMCAT
ICAR
PAU Entrance exam etc
19th January 2017, 12:05 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is the procedure to get admission in B.Sc Agriculture? Do I need to write any entrance exam?

B.Sc Agriculture refers to Bachelor of Agriculture and same is a bachelor degree course with quite a good scope in country like India which is a agro based country.

The minimun educational requirment for pursuing B.Sc Agricluture course is a higher secondary school degree Physiscs, Chemistry and Agriculture or Biology or Mathematics as main subjects with at least 50% agggregate from a recognized board of education.

Also as far you are concerned about the need of appearing in entrance examination for pursuing the same course then I would like to inform you that if you want to pursue the same degree course from top agricluture colleges of India approved by ICAR for having better job prospect after pursuing the same course then you will have to qualify entrance examinations like AIEEA UG and State CET.

Also for more details and updates about AIEEA UG you can refer to the link www.icar.org.in where as for different state CET you can refer to the offcial link of concerned state board of examination.
19th January 2017, 11:14 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeshma hemand View Post
Respected Sir, I have completed my class 12th and now I want to pursue B.Sc in Agriculture so I want to know what is the procedure to get admission in B.Sc Agriculture? Do I need to write any entrance exam? Please answer as soon as possible.

The candidates seeking admission to B.Sc Agriculture should be passed class XII with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects with at least 50% marks. The admission to the course will be done through a Common Entrance Test. The course duration is four years. You can apply online or offline for the admission to the course. Yes, you need to write entrance examination for the admission to the B.Sc Agriculture course. There are various entrance examinations like

Common Entrance Test (CET)
Joint Admission Test
Delhi University Combined Entrance Test
AIEEA (ICAR)
EAMCET
Gujarat Common Entrance Test

19th January 2017, 08:39 PM
eSolution
Junior Member+

After class 12th science, B.Sc in agriculture is one of he nice option. It is a 4 year course. The candidates should pass with Physics, Chemistry and Biology with minimum 50% of aggregate marks. For selection purpose,the candidate should clear a state level entrance exam
19th January 2017, 10:01 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

In order to get admission in Graduate degree course of B.Sc in Agriculture after the completion of class 12th, candidates must have to complete their class 12th studies scoring a minimum 50% of marks studying science stream in class 12th from a recognised Board.
After the completion of class 12th, candidates must have to apply in different Colleges offering the said course. Basically admission is based on the marks scored in class 12th. But very few Colleges conduct their own entrance examination in order to give admission for the said course.
15th May 2017, 11:08 PM
Unregistered

My 2 cut off mark is 177.75, is there possible to get the Bsc Agri in Coimbatore college. am very much interest to study, please advice the way to join thanks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?