22nd December 2013, 11:33 AM
Unregistered

Is it compulsory to choose your Postgraduate subjects only for appearing in UGC NET?

Hello,

I wanted to ask weather its Compulsory that you have to choose your Post Graduation Subjects only for appearing in UGC NET or we can also opt our Graduation Subject?

For Example I have done with my Graduation in Mass Communication & Journalism and after that I did Post Graduation Degree of MBA, but for appearing in UGC, I wanted to go with Mass Communication, Is there any procedure or special request if I can put for the same as I want to go with my Graduation Subjects only?

Please kindly help and respond as I am having trouble in finding out.

Nitin Aggarwal

23rd December 2013, 06:09 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is it compulsory to choose your Postgraduate subjects only for appearing in UGC NET?

Sorry, it is not possible to appear for the UGC NET exam on the basis of graduation. For this the candidate should have post graduation in any of the subject which you had in graduation. After that you can apply for the UGC NET in that subject in which you have done post graduation.

And without post graduation you cannot apply for the UGC NET and after MBA it is not possible to give UGC NET exam.As you have done MBA then you will get good job in many companies which is related to your field. Here you have not mentioned the subject in which you have done MBA. So i am not able to suggest you the good companies related to your field.

And you have done graduation in Mass communication and journalism then you can apply for the masters in mass communication after that you can apply for the UGC NET.

Otherwise you can also apply for the another government jobs. You can also try for the job in government companies related to your field. And you can also apply for the civil services exam. These exams are conducted by the UPSC. And these exams are very reputed exams for this the candidate should have graduation.

And as you have done graduation in mass communication and journalism then you can apply for the job in this field. It has wide scope and it is a best course at this time. So i think you should do something in this field.
20th January 2015, 11:25 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is it compulsory to choose your Postgraduate subjects only for appearing in UGC NET?

I have done my graduation in biotechnology .i am doing MA History through IGNOU . will I be ale to write NET on history ?
24th February 2015, 12:04 AM
Unregistered

Sir if i done graduation in polscience but i m doing masters in public add can i choose polsciencs in net .plzzzzzzzz help me
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?