30th October 2016, 06:20 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D entrance exam after completion of M.Sc in distance mode in Berhampur University?

Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D entrance exam after completion of M.Sc in distance mode in Berhampur University? Can someone please provide me the information on this? I need to understand the criteria which is followed. So, please give me the answer.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to apply for PhD after completion of BBA and MBA in distance mode? -- [New]
  2. Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of MCA in distance mode?
  3. Can I apply to study PhD in Finance through distance mode after completing BBA CA in regular mode and NAV Finance in distance mode?
  4. Universities offering PhD in Maths through regular or distance mode? Procedure involved in doing PhD?
  5. Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of M.Phil in distance mode?
  6. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in any course after completion of post graduation from distance mode?
  7. Am I eligible for PhD after completion of MBA and CA-Articleship? Universities offering PhD in external or distance mode?
  8. How to do Ph.D while pursuing MSc IT from Kannurul University in distance mode
  9. Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D course after completion of M.Sc from Annamali University in distance mode?
  10. What is the procedure followed for doing Ph.D in distance mode after completion of M.Sc course?
  11. Can I do Mtech in regular mode after doing MSc in Distance mode? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Am I eligible for doing Ph.D course after completion of PGDM from AIMA in distance mode?
  13. Procedure to apply for Distance PhD(Computer Science) for M.Tech(CSE) student?
  14. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Physics in part time without completion of master's degree?
  15. What are the chances of doing Journalism after Graduation in B.Sc. Science through distance mode?
  16. Eligibility for Associate Professor in colleges after PhD and Masters from distance mode?
  17. Am I eligible to Ph.D in regular mode after completion of masters in correspondence?
  18. Can I do PhD in distance mode without appearing in any entrance exam?
30th October 2016, 11:10 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D entrance exam after completion of M.Sc in distance mode in Berhampur University?

Yes, definitely you are eligible for Ph.D course.
Since you have completed your Masters degree, you can apply for Ph.D course.
No matter if you completed it through distance mode.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree from a recognised University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course.
31st October 2016, 12:39 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D entrance exam after completion of M.Sc in distance mode in Berhampur University?

Yes , as per your qualification you are definitely eligible for pursuing PhD because minimum qualification required to pursue PhD is Masters Degree from a recognised University. The minimum marks required to get admission in PHD is 50% and 45% for reserved categories in your Masters Degree. There is no age bar. Minimum duration required to complete PhD is 3 years and maximum should not exceed 5 years.
So you are definitely eligible and you have to qualify the entrance exam if you want to pursue PhD from a reputed Institute.
31st October 2016, 05:22 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D entrance exam after completion of M.Sc in distance mode in Berhampur University? Can someone please provide me the information on this? I need to understand the criteria which is followed. So, please give me the answer.
After completion of M.Sc course from Berhampur University through distance mode, you can apply for Ph.D course because this University is recognized by UGC.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree with above 55% marks from a recognized university are eligible for Ph.D entrance exam. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

There are no age criteria.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?