11th April 2015, 05:40 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do Ph.D after scoring 50% marks in MA?

In b.a(hons) from cu i get 50% marks total and m.a in r b u i get 51% then in want to phd degree is it possible? Can you please let me know the information as soon as possible as I need to start applying for the course as well. Looking forward to get the answer soon. Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to do Ph.D after scoring 50% marks in MA? -- [New]
  2. Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of PU in Karnataka?
  3. Am I eligible to do Ph.D program in Microbiology?
  4. What is integrated PhD? Difference between M.Sc, PhD and integrated PhD?
  5. Am I eligible to do PhD in Economics if completed M.Com with 60% marks?
  6. Am I eligible to pursue Ph.D course through correspondence from IGNOU? I have 49.6% marks in M.Com
  7. Institutes offering M.Phil in Biochemistry?
  8. How much will be my rank after scoring 44 marks in GATE in mechanical?
  9. After M.Tech from an ordinary college can we do PhD? Which exams to write and how to take admission?
  10. Am I eligible to study PhD in Mathematics after B.E.(CSE)? List of institutes which offer PhD in Mathematics?
  11. Am I eligible for PhD from IIT Delhi after MCA? Is MCA equivalent to PhD?
  12. Am I eligible to do PhD after completion of MBA being in CA articleship?
  13. What are the best colleges for PhD in Mumbai? Eligibility to do PhD?
  14. Can I be eligible for MCA after scoring 70% marks in 10th, 65% in 12th, 48% in BSc? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Will a student with less than 60% marks in 10th and B.Tech be eligible for campus recruitment? What is the scope after doing PhD in bioinformatic from USA?
  16. Am I eligible for B.Ed after scoring 45% marks in B.A and 85% marks in PGDBM(Distance)
  17. After M.Com Finance can I opt for Ph.D? Which others subjects could I choose? For which Ph.D would I be eligible for?
  18. Am I eligible to join B.Ed course from Jammu University after scoring 45.22% of marks in BA course?
11th April 2015, 08:38 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D after scoring 50% marks in MA?

Yes of course, you are absolutely eligible to apply for Ph.D course after completing MA course. The percentage criteria differs from university to university. To get admission in Ph.D course, you need to crack the entrance examination, which is conducted by their respective university. Ph.D entrance examination notification will be published in the month of February/March in the official website of their respective university. The period of conducting entrance examination differs from university to university.

Eligibility Criteria:

You should have completed master degree in related subject from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. You must have obtained at least 55% marks in aggregate for general candidates and 50% marks in aggregate for reserved categories. Those who are appearing in the final year of master degree may also apply. There is no age bar. The percentage bar is not fixed. The percentage criteria will differs from university to university.
11th April 2015, 09:54 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
In b.a(hons) from cu i get 50% marks total and m.a in r b u i get 51% then in want to phd degree is it possible? Can you please let me know the information as soon as possible as I need to start applying for the course as well. Looking forward to get the answer soon. Thanks!
No, you are not eligible for Ph.D course.

Eligibility criteria for Ph.D course:-

1)Those candidates who have completed masters from a recognized university with above 55% marks are eligible for Ph.D course.

2)There is no age criteria for Ph.D course.
13th April 2015, 01:47 AM
gopalasamudrum
Senior Member+

Eligibility criteria for Ph.D :-

1)Those candidates who have completed Masters in the relevent stream from a recognized university with above 55% marks are eligible for Ph.D course.

2)There is no age criteria for Ph.D course.

So, you are not eligible to do Ph.D as you have only 50% marks in Masters.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?