22nd March 2015, 01:15 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of PU in Karnataka?

I am a first PU student in Karnataka.. I am scoring 75-80% marks.. Am i eligible to do PhD? And i don't know lot more about that.. I just need to know everything that would require to complete the Ph.D course. Plz guide of what things i must do..

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to do PhD after completion of MBA being in CA articleship?
  2. Am I eligible for PhD after completion of MBA and CA-Articleship? Universities offering PhD in external or distance mode?
  3. Am I eligible to do PhD in English without any entrance exam if completed M.A. from Karnataka State Open University?
  4. Am I eligible to give NET exam after completion of my external M.Com from Karnataka university?
  5. How may I do Ph.D in English through correspondence in Karnataka? What's the admission procedure?
  6. Am I eligible for NET exam after completion of M.Com? I am doing my external M.Com from Karnataka University
  7. Am I eligible to take NET exam after completion of M.Com? I am doing my external M.Com from Karnataka University
  8. Am I eligible for Karnataka CET(Medical) exam? I've done my 10th from karnataka and want to do my 12th from outside karnataka
  9. Eligibility for Associate Professor in colleges after PhD and Masters from distance mode? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Will I be eligible for CET in Karnataka under government quota?
  11. Am I eligible for Karnataka CET?
  12. Am I eligible for SLET or SET or NET any of the PhD exams?
  13. After M.Tech from an ordinary college can we do PhD? Which exams to write and how to take admission?
  14. Am I eligible to study PhD in Mathematics after B.E.(CSE)? List of institutes which offer PhD in Mathematics?
  15. Am I eligible for PhD from IIT Delhi after MCA? Is MCA equivalent to PhD?
  16. What are the best colleges for PhD in Mumbai? Eligibility to do PhD?
  17. Being Andhra Pradesh candidate can I appear in KCET 2015 if my mother belongs to Karnataka?
  18. Am I eligible for KCET exam if I studied upto 10th in Karnataka?
23rd March 2015, 09:16 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of PU in Karnataka?

If you have got a Master's degree in relevant discipline with at least 55% marks then surely you can apply for admission in a Ph.D program through an entrance exam. You can also get admission on the basis of scores obtained in any of these exams i.e NET/SLET/JRF/GATE.

Therefore, if possible try to clear any of these exams with a good score and apply for admission in top Universities. There are many Universities in India which have their own entrance exam for Ph.D admission and you can apply for them too if you don't have any of the above scores. Performance in exam and interview will decide the admission.
1st April 2015, 01:36 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of PU in Karnataka?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a first PU student in Karnataka.. I am scoring 75-80% marks.. Am i eligible to do PhD? And i don't know lot more about that.. I just need to know everything that would require to complete the Ph.D course. Plz guide of what things i must do..
If you have completed masters degree then you are eligible for Ph.D course.

Eligibility criteria for Ph.D course:-

If you have completed masters degree with above 55% marks from a recognized university then you are eligible for Ph.D course.

There is no age criteria.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?