24th May 2015, 01:33 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Maths after completion of B.Com Hons. course?

Dear Sir/Mam,

I'm in my final year of B.Com hons. and i want to pursue with a maths phd after this. Please guide me with the best possible route for this. Since i don't have a b.maths or msc degree, am i eligible for a maths phd ?

I'll be highly thankful if anyone can solve my query.

24th May 2015, 07:43 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Maths after completion of B.Com Hons. course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir/Mam,

I'm in my final year of B.Com hons. and i want to pursue with a maths phd after this. Please guide me with the best possible route for this. Since i don't have a b.maths or msc degree, am i eligible for a maths phd ?

I'll be highly thankful if anyone can solve my query.
No, B.Com degree holder candidates are not eligible for Ph.D in Mathematics.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for Ph.D entrance exam. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

Your age should be below 28 years for JRF post.
24th May 2015, 09:32 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Maths after completion of B.Com Hons. course?

You have to complete post graduation in maths or its related subject with at least 55% marks to become eligible for Ph.D admission in India. Admission will be only possible if you study maths in your post graduation. As you have a B.Com degree which means you haven't studied maths and this will be against the eligibility criteria for admission.
26th May 2015, 02:50 PM
kunalroy89

First of all,you are NOT a post graduate.So you are ineligible for Ph.D as of now. The process is Graduation or Bachelors>>Post Graduation or Masters>>Ph.D.
Although some universities does provide combined Masters+Ph.D but not in Maths.
Secondly you need to complete your post graduation in Maths so as to be eligible for Ph.D in maths related topic.
Ph.D is not done on subject basis but on some topics or chapters of some specific subject in which you must have passed your Masters degree.
If you can get into Masters in Maths course,then after completion of that you will be eligible for Ph.D in Mathematics.Moreover it would be mighty difficult for you to find Masters in Maths admission after Graduation in commerce because many universities does not allows Commerce candidates to go for Masters in Maths as Maths is either M.Sc Maths or M.A Maths.But it is not true for all Universities and some does allow admission.Look out for those universities and then proceed.
2nd February 2016, 09:22 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir,
i am a student of b.com hons. Sir can i do phd in accounts after completing my m.com
28th May 2017, 04:17 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do Ph.December in maths after completion of m.come? Please suggest me.
8th June 2017, 03:46 PM
LiyaSharan

Post Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Maths after completion of B.Com Hons. course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to do Ph.December in maths after completion of m.come? Please suggest me.
Most of the universities are allowing to do PhD on the topics interdisciplinary in nature. So you may can go for PhD with a Maths subject in Commerce or vice versa if the topic is relevant to that field also. Please visit the websites of Delhi university, IITs, NIT, SRM university, BHU, LPU, HCU etc for more details.
4th April 2020, 02:28 AM
Unregistered

i want to do phd in mathematic and i am completed b.com
11th June 2021, 11:46 PM
Unregistered

Sir/Madam Am I eligible to do M.a in Mathematics after completion of B.com Hons. Course?
12th June 2021, 12:00 AM
Unregistered

Sir/ Madam Am I eligible to do M.A in Mathematics after completion of B.com Hons. Course?
29th June 2021, 01:05 PM
Unregistered

Am I be eligible to apply Ma Mathematics after completion B.com Honours.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?