29th January 2016, 07:25 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do PhD in Mathematics being a Statistics postgraduate?

Hello Everyone,
I have done M.Sc in Statistics. Would I be able to do PhD in Mathematics? Please help me to know about this. I am a student of Calcutta University.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to do PhD being a Statistics postgraduate? Procedure to apply?
  2. Am I eligible to do PhD in Mathematics being a Chemistry postgraduate?
  3. List of institutes which offer PhD in Mathematics to a postgraduate in Montreal?
  4. What should I do to study PhD in Mathematics being a postgraduate?
  5. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in statistics after completion of B.Com course? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Am I eligible to study PhD in Mathematics after B.E.(CSE)? List of institutes which offer PhD in Mathematics?
  7. Eligibility to do PhD in Physics for a postgraduate? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. How to study PhD in Mathematics in Odisha being an M.Sc postgraduate?
  9. Eligibility of M.Sc Statistics after B.Sc Mathematics?
  10. Mechanical engineer with 4 years work experience is eligible to do PhD in Mathematics? What route to take for pursuing PhD in Mathematics?
  11. Eligibility to study PhD for an MCA postgraduate?
  12. Detailed information about PhD(Mathematics) course offered in Pune University for M.Sc(Applied Mathematics) postgraduate?
  13. Am I eligible for Assistant Professor of Mathematics while doing PhD?
  14. How can I apply to study PhD in Mathematics at University of Cambridge being a M.Tech(Industrial Mathematics) postgraduate?
  15. How can I get admission to study PhD in Mathematics in GNDU being a postgraduate?
  16. Can I get admission to study PhD in Economics at Delhi School of Economics if completed M.Sc in Statistics with Economics?
  17. Am i eligible for Ph.D. (Mathematics) admission after M.Sc. in Statistics?
  18. Eligibility for Ph.D in mathematics after M.Sc in Statistics? -- [New]
18th February 2016, 03:49 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do PhD in Mathematics being a Statistics postgraduate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Everyone,
I have done M.Sc in Statistics. Would I be able to do PhD in Mathematics? Please help me to know about this. I am a student of Calcutta University.
You have done M.Sc in Statistics so you are eligible for Ph.D course in Mathematics.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree in Mathematics/ Statistics from a recognized university with above 55% marks are eligible for Ph.D course in Mathematics.

There is no age criteria.

You must have valid GATE/CSIR NET score card.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?