10th November 2015, 12:50 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to do PhD in Physics for a postgraduate?

Respected Sir,
I am M.Sc Physics postgraduate. Am I eligible for doing PhD in Physics? I like to do PhD but I don't know that I am eligible or not. Please help me to know about this.

Related Questions:
  1. Admission procedure to study PhD(Physics) in Mumbai University for M.Phil postgraduate of Kerala? Possibility to get direct admission?
  2. Am I eligible to study PhD in Physics in Christ University being a postgraduate?
  3. Eligibility to study PhD in Physics for M.Sc candidate?
  4. Am I eligible to do PhD in Mathematics being a Chemistry postgraduate?
  5. Eligibility to study PhD for a postgraduate?
  6. Procedure to get admission to study PhD in Physics at Mumbai University for a candidate who has completed M.Phil and B.Ed from Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam?
  7. Am I eligible to study PhD with stipend without any entrance exam in India being a Physics postgraduate?
  8. Professional courses for B.Sc. graduates with 40% marks in aggregate?
  9. Detailed information about PhD in English Language and English Literature for an English postgraduate? Possibility to do PhD in Management?
  10. Am I eligible to study PhD in Biotechnology in Mysore University being a Veterinary Science postgraduate?
  11. Does VTU offer PhD in Architecture course? Eligibility to apply for M.Arch postgraduate?
  12. Can I get free scholarship to study PhD being a MA postgraduate?
  13. Detailed information and eligibility to apply in JEST to study PhD in Astrophysics for M.Sc(Astrophysics) postgraduate?
  14. What can I do achieve a good career after B.Sc Physics?
  15. How to get Ph.D admission for medical physics?
  16. Eligibility to study PhD in Hindi in IGNOU for M.Phil postgraduate?
  17. Eligibility to do PhD in Physics in IIT-Bombay for a candidate who has secured 53.6% in M.Sc?
  18. Eligibility to appear in IAS competitive exam for Physics postgraduate? When the application form will be published? -- [Most Discussed]
22nd November 2015, 12:10 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to do PhD in Physics for a postgraduate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir,
I am M.Sc Physics postgraduate. Am I eligible for doing PhD in Physics? I like to do PhD but I don't know that I am eligible or not. Please help me to know about this.
You have completed post graduate degree in Physics so you are eligible for Ph.D course through CSIR NET exam.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for CSIR NET exam. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

Your age should be below 28 years.
22nd November 2015, 01:58 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to do PhD in Physics for a postgraduate?

Eligibility Criteria Required to do Ph.D in Physics:

Of Course yes. Candidates who have completed their M.Sc in Physics are absolutely eligible to pursue Ph.D in Physics course. Here is the detailed educational qualification required to be eligible for doing Ph.D in Physics in detail.

>> M.Sc in Physics (or) M.Sc or M.E or M.Tech in related disciplines
(or)
>> M.Sc in Applied Physics/ Mathematic/ Optics and Photonics/ Applied Mathematics/ Electronics/ Instrumentation
(or)
>> M.Sc in Engineering Physics or Physics or Applied Physics will also be eligible to pursue this Ph.D in Physics course.

Since you have successfully completed M.Sc in Physics, I am sure you are certainly eligible to do Ph.D in Physics and for that I suggest you to write "Joint Entrance Screening Test".
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?