20th April 2017, 05:56 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do PhD in Psychology after completion of masters in Chemistry?

Hi, I have completed my masters in chemistry and have been doing a job for 2.5 years. But I am interested in doing PhD in psychology. So can do it? If yes what is the procedure for it? Please kindly let me know in detail. Awaiting to get the response. Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. Can I do masters in clinical psychology after completion of BDS course?
  2. What are the perquisites for PhD in Clinical Psychology?
  3. Is it mandatory to study Psychology in Graduation for masters in Psychology after B.Sc with Biotechnology, Zoology and Chemistry? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Can I apply for admission in Annamalai University for PG in psychology?
  5. Can I study M.A.(Psychology) being a B.Ed holder? Is it possible to do PhD after completion of M.A.?
  6. Can a candidate do Master's and PhD in Psychology after completion of B.Com? List of colleges/universities offering Integrated PhD in Psychology in Bangalore/Mysore?
  7. Where to do Ph.D course after completion of masters in chemistry?
  8. Am I eligible to do Phd in Psychology after completion of M.D in Homeo?
  9. Can I do M.A in Psychology being an engineer?
  10. Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of masters in Physiotherapy?
  11. Is it possible to apply for Ph.D in psychology after completing masters in biotechnology?
  12. Eligibility for PhD in Psychology?
  13. Eligibility criteria for doing Masters in Clinical Psychology?
  14. Am I eligible to do M.A in Psychology if I have completed B.E in Telecommunication?
  15. Can I study PhD in Chemistry/Medicinal Chemistry/Organic Chemistry being a M.Pharmacy student?
  16. Am I eligible to Ph.D in regular mode after completion of masters in correspondence?
  17. Eligibility to study PhD(Psychology) in Jamia Millia Islamia?
  18. Can I apply in best university for Ph.D in Psychology if pursuing graduation from distance education? Is there any shortest way to pursue Ph.D program?

22nd April 2017, 05:07 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do PhD in Psychology after completion of masters in Chemistry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I have completed my masters in chemistry and have been doing a job for 2.5 years. But I am interested in doing PhD in psychology. So can do it? If yes what is the procedure for it? Please kindly let me know in detail. Awaiting to get the response. Thanks!

No, you are not eligible to do PhD in Psychology after completion of masters in chemistry. Candidates who have completed master’s degree in psychology with at least 55% marks are eligible to apply for the PhD in Psychology program. The admission to the program will be done on the basis of marks scored in the PhD Entrance Examination and Interview conducted by the university. Candidates who have qualified NET/SET/GATE/M.Phil in the relevant subject shall be exempted from the entrance examination. Therefore, it is not possible to do PhD in Psychology after completion of masters in Chemistry. You can pursue PhD in Chemistry.

22nd June 2021, 12:34 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible to do PhD in Psychology after completion of masters in Chemistry?

B.Sc.,B.Ed., chemistry also completed M.Sc psychology. Want to do Ph.D in psychology through distance education. Am i eligible ? Plz reply

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?