21st February 2017, 01:55 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to apply for Ph.D in psychology after completing masters in biotechnology?

I have pursued my M.Sc. in general biotechnology and i wish to continue my studies to obtain a PhD. However, I am deeply interested in psychology and I want to know if it is possible to directly apply for the same. I have learnt the basics of psychology during my 12th standard but no other formal education in the field whatsoever.
What is the criteria for applying for a PhD in psychology preferably in Europe? Which courses are necessary to get into the field?
I would also like to know the courses offered in the field of Biopsychology and/or Spiritual psychology.
What kind of a career can I build if I go for MS in psychology after doing Master's in Biotechnology?

Related Questions:
  1. What are the perquisites for PhD in Clinical Psychology?
  2. Is it mandatory to study Psychology in Graduation for masters in Psychology after B.Sc with Biotechnology, Zoology and Chemistry?
  3. Can I apply in best university for Ph.D in Psychology if pursuing graduation from distance education? Is there any shortest way to pursue Ph.D program?
  4. How can I apply for Ph.D in Biotechnology after completing M.Sc in Biotechnology?
  5. Universities offering Ph.D in Biotechnology? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. PHD after completing MA Psychology in Distant Education?
  7. What are the various career options I can opt for after doing masters in psychology?
  8. Eligibility to study PhD(Psychology) in Jamia Millia Islamia?
  9. How to appear for PhD Psychology exam after completing M.Sc in it?
  10. How to pursue masters in B.Tech Biotechnology? I am planning to apply abroad
  11. Institutes offering Ph.D in Biotechnology in India through GATE?
  12. Is it possible to study Masters degree in Psychology after English Honours completion?
  13. Can I apply for admission in Annamalai University for PG in psychology?
  14. Can I do masters in clinical psychology after completion of BDS course?
  15. What can i do after completing Phd with Clinical Psychology?
  16. What can I do after completing PhD with Clinical Psychology
  17. What is the procedure to apply for admission in PhD Human Development or Psychology after completing M.Sc in Human Development and Family? -- [New]
  18. Is it beneficial to study PhD in Biotechnology for M.Sc in Biotechnology & Management postgraduate? Job opportunities after completing PhD in Biotechnology?
22nd February 2017, 05:00 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to apply for Ph.D in psychology after completing masters in biotechnology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have pursued my M.Sc. in general biotechnology and i wish to continue my studies to obtain a PhD. However, I am deeply interested in psychology and I want to know if it is possible to directly apply for the same. I have learnt the basics of psychology during my 12th standard but no other formal education in the field whatsoever.
What is the criteria for applying for a PhD in psychology preferably in Europe? Which courses are necessary to get into the field?
I would also like to know the courses offered in the field of Biopsychology and/or Spiritual psychology.
What kind of a career can I build if I go for MS in psychology after doing Master's in Biotechnology?

Sorry, it is not possible to pursue PhD Psychology in India after completion of masters in biotechnology. The basic eligibility to pursue the PhD in Psychology will be a Master’s Degree in Psychology or Sociology or Child and Human Development or Forensic Science or Education or Social Work or Management from any recognized university with at least 55% marks. The candidates have to appear for an entrance examination and personal interview for the admission. So it is not possible to study PhD in Psychology after completion of biotechnology master degree.
23rd February 2017, 07:23 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to apply for Ph.D in psychology after completing masters in biotechnology?

If you have studied biotechnology post graduation, then you can't apply for Ph.D in psychology or even MS in the same subject. You need to have the basic qualification in given subject to pursue research courses in it.

You can only go for biotechnology or similar field subjects programme for your Ph.D or MS. There is no other way to go about it.
23rd February 2017, 10:21 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you can pursue Ph.D in Psychology after the completion of your Masters degree in Biotechnology, there is no problem in it.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree course in Biotechnology from a recognised University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course in Psychology.
24th February 2017, 10:45 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to apply for Ph.D in Psychology course after successful completion of Master's in Biotechnology course. Yes, there is a certain criteria that is to be followed in order to be eligible for doing this course.

>> The minimum educational qualification required is Master's Degree in Psychology with minimum 55% marks. And there is a percentage relaxation of 5% for PH/ ST/ SC category candidates.

>> As you are done with Master's in Biotechnology, I am sorry to say that you are not eligible.
4th August 2020, 11:12 PM
Unregistered

Is their any relation between subject of bachelor and subject of PhD???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?