21st July 2016, 12:19 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to pursue Ph.D in Law by distance education?

Am I eligible to pursue Ph.D in Law by distance education? Is it really possible to complete Ph.D from distance mode or not? Who can provide the complete information and the suggestion on the same? Awaiting for the quicker response.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to study PhD in Computer Science if pursuing MCA from SMU?
  2. Am I eligible to pursue Ph.D in Law by distance education?
  3. Can i do PhD in IT after completing MCA through distance learning or do I need to do pursue M.Phil or M.Tech first? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Am I eligible to pursue PhD directly after completing M.Phil through Distance education?
  5. Am I eligible to pursue Ph.D after completion of M.Com through distance education?
  6. Can I pursue Ph.D in computer science after MCA or MSc IT?
  7. Ph.D in Computer science after MCA from Punjab Technical University in distance education?
  8. Is there any way to pursue Law in any evening colleges of Chennai?
  9. Can I pursue Law through distance education if done both graduation and post graduation through distance education?
  10. How can I do distance PhD in Law with 53% in LLM?
  11. Can I study PhD in IT after completion of distance MCA? Should I have to study M.Phil/M.Tech?
  12. Am I eligible to pursue Law through distance mode? I am pursuing PG in Human Right Course from IIHR in Delhi through distance mode
  13. Can I do M.A. in Sociology by distance education being an M.Sc degree holder? Would it make a difference if I do M.A. along with my Science PhD?
  14. Can I go for B.A in psychology distance education and then proceed with M.A and PhD? PhD also comes with distance education?
  15. Can I be eligible to pursue 3 years law in Ambedkar Law University?
  16. Eligibility for pursuing Law through distance mode? Is distance Law valid for practicing law in court?
  17. List of universities offering PhD in Law in India? Admission procedure and specializations offered in PhD(Law)?
  18. Phd in Microbiology & Immunology through distance education while doing job?
21st July 2016, 06:50 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to pursue Ph.D in Law by distance education?

If you have completed your Masters degree in Law, then you are definitely eligible to pursue Ph.D in Law, there is no problem in it.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree from a recognised University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for Ph.D course.
Candidates also need to qualify in the UGC-NET examination to be eligible to opt Ph.D.
21st July 2016, 08:45 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, distance mode law Ph.D is offered by many universities to those who are already working in the same field. It would not be good to go for distance mode Ph.D if you are not working at all.
Admission will be on the basis of entrance exam and interview conducted by the said university in which you want admission. Just make sure you have post graduation in law with 55% marks.
22nd July 2016, 04:56 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

You are only eligible to opt for PhD in Law via distance education if you have completed your PG course from a recognized University and should have scored a minimum of 55% in it.

Therefore, if you want to opt for the course mentioned above and you do fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria for it, you should therefore opt for it.

NOTE: Different Institutes can have different eligibility requirements, there is no certainty for the eligibility criteria to be the same throughout.
23rd July 2016, 12:39 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to pursue Ph.D in Law by distance education? Is it really possible to complete Ph.D from distance mode or not? Who can provide the complete information and the suggestion on the same? Awaiting for the quicker response.
Yes, of course you can study PhD in Law through distance mode. The candidate needs to complete Master Degree in Law with not less than 55% of marks from a recognized university. Additionally the candidate is required to qualify in the SLET/NET entrance exam in order to get admission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?