21st July 2016, 12:19 AM
Unregistered

How can I get admission for doing Ph.D in Microbiology?

Dear Sir/Mam,

I want admission in PhD in microbiology. How can I get admission for doing Ph.D in Microbiology? What should be the criteria followed for it? Can you please provide me the complete steps which we have to follow for the same? Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Institutes offering PhD in Microbiology in Bangalore? Procedure to get admission?
  2. Institutes and admission procedure for PhD in Microbiology?
  3. Colleges for doing Integrated phd in microbiology or MSc medical microbiology along with Phd? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. How can I get admission for doing Ph.D in Microbiology?
  5. List of universities offering PhD in Medical Microbiology? Procedure to get admission?
  6. Colleges where integrated PhD in Microbiology is offered? Their entrance exams for admission?
  7. List of universities offering PhD in Microbiology in Palakkad and Coimbatore? Procedure to get admission and duration of PhD in Microbiology?
  8. List of institutes offering PhD in Microbiology to UGC-NET qualifier? When to apply?
  9. Is there any difficulty to do PhD in Medical Microbiology being a General Microbiology postgraduate? Where can I study?
  10. Procedure to get admission in Manipal University to study PhD in Microbiology for a SC candidate who has secured 32.33 percentile in GATE? List of PhD colleges offering admission with this GATE scorecard?
  11. What is the procedure to be followed for applying Ph.D Microbiology in Kerala?
  12. What is the salary for MSc Microbiology or Ph.D Microbiology? What are the different career options after MSc or Ph.D in Microbiology?
  13. Part time PhD Marine Microbiology offering colleges in India?
  14. What are different options after M.Sc or Ph.D in microbiology? -- [New]
  15. How to do PhD in Microbiology with 72% in M.Sc?
  16. List of universities offering PhD in Environmental Microbiology?
  17. Am I eligible to do Ph.D program in Microbiology?
  18. Is there any vacancy present in a good company to do PhD in Microbiology?
21st July 2016, 05:00 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I get admission for doing Ph.D in Microbiology?

In order to get admission in PhD program, you should have completed your Masters degree or equivalent from a recognized University scoring a minimum of 60% in aggregate. After that you will have to contact the official website of the prospective University and fill up the application form for it and if you fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria for it, you will be very much eligible to get admission in the course.rr
21st July 2016, 05:32 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

You need to follow the given below eligibility criteria to pursue PHD in Microbiology:

You must have completed your Masters in Microbiology in order to pursue PhD in Microbiology. Minimum percentage in Masters course should not be less than 55 and 50% for reserved categories.
There is no upper age limit.
you should have a valid UGC NET score card.
21st July 2016, 06:46 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

To do Ph.D in Microbiology after completing Masters degree, candidates first need to appear in the UGC NET examination, qualifying in which they can get admission to study Ph.D.
The eligibility criteria required to appear in the UGC NET examination is that candidates must have completed Master's Degree course from a recognised University with a minimum of 55% of marks.
There is no age criteria for NET examination.
21st July 2016, 08:41 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For admission in Ph.D in microbiology you must have at least post graduation degree with at least 55% marks. Admission will be on the basis of merit through entrance exam and interview conducted by the concerned university or institution.

Notification for admission is released by the university or institute and you have to apply in a prescribed format during that period. Those who have qualified exams like NET/SET/GATE/JRF are exempted from entrance exam.
23rd July 2016, 12:41 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir/Mam,

I want admission in PhD in microbiology. How can I get admission for doing Ph.D in Microbiology? What should be the criteria followed for it? Can you please provide me the complete steps which we have to follow for the same? Thank you!
First of all, you need to satisfy the educational qualification which is mandatory to get admission in PhD course. The student must complete Master degree with 55% of marks from a recognized university approved by the UGC. Those who successfully satisfy the educational qualification must qualify in the UGC or SLET entrance exams to get admission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?