18th April 2014, 07:09 PM
Unregistered

Best college, requirements and duration of PhD Economics? Scope after this course?

I am a student of MA economics in Panjab university, Chandigarh. I am into my 4th semester (last) now. i am looking forward to do PhD in economics but have several queries regarding that, like:

1. which are the best colleges for doing PhD (Economics) in India?
2. what requirements i need to fulfill to get into these colleges after my MA? like
percentage in MA
Score in NET
synopsis
paper writing etc.
3. how much time it will take to complete my PhD?
4 whats the scope after i complete my PhD? like
in lectureship or placement in a private concern (along with the pay scale)

Related Questions:
18th May 2014, 07:59 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Best college, requirements and duration of PhD Economics? Scope after this course?

PhD in Economics is the amazing course in which the student can gain the study about the Indian economy and also can know the different types of the studies like different economical agencies, economic backgrounds of different peoples and companies and many more. The students must have their own knowledge about the basic economic studies which helps him in the PhD because without basic knowledge the strong course is valueless. In this course the student can make his future successful without any doubt. The student have the interest in this course which is more important for him.
As per your doubts the best colleges are in India

Indian Institute of technology

National Institution of technology

Sikkim Manipal University

Lovely professional university

Indira Gandhi national open university

Karnatak University

Oxford University

Utkal University

Biju Pattnaik University

And also the Punjab University in which you are studying.
As per the requirements the student have both the bachelor degree and master degree from a recognised university. Also the student secured above 55 % marks as the student in general category. If the student belong to SC or ST category then he has to secure 50 % marks. He has to secure a best rank in NET. The duration in this course is 2 to 3 year. The student can get a best placement in different sector which is make his future best. The pay scale will decide by the management of the college.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?