14th December 2017, 01:20 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for CSIR or UGC NET after PG in medical microbiology?

I have completed my BMLT in 2017. It is a 3 years degree course. I want to get admission in PG in medical microbiology. My age is 29 years now. am I eligible for CSIR or UGC NET exam after completing my M.Sc degree.

Related Questions:
  1. What is the whole syllabus of UGC CSIR NET for life sciences for microbiology?
  2. Can I apply for CSIR NET Exam being a PG student in Medical Microbiology? Which subjects should I choose for this Exam?
  3. Can I apply for CSIR UGC NET? When the forms will be out?
  4. Am I eligible to appear for both UGC CSIR NET and UGC NET exam after doing MSc In Marine Science? If I score 55% in BSc Microbiology will I face any problem to appear for lectureship or JRF?
  5. Are UGC and CSIR NET two different exams?
  6. How can I apply for CSIR-UGC-NET to study PhD in Biotechnology if secured 80% in M.Sc?
  7. List of institutes offering PhD in Microbiology to UGC-NET qualifier? When to apply?
  8. Difference between CSIR NET and UGC NET? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. How CSIR is different from UGC for NET? Should I appear in UGC-NET instead of CSIR-NET?
  10. How can I apply for UGC CSIR NET in Chemical Sciences? I have done BSc in Chemistry
  11. Should I apply for CSIR NET or UGC NET? Does both of them are equal?
  12. How can I apply for Fellowship being qualified in CSIR-UGC-NET?
  13. Eligibility to appear in CSIR UGC NET for M.Pharma candidate? Selection of subject for CSIR UGC NET?
  14. When the clearance certificate is issued by CSIR UGC NET?
  15. Either UGC CSIR or UGC NET for M.Tech degree holder?
  16. Books which I should refer for CSIR UGC NET exam? I am MSc Microbiology student
  17. CSIR NET certificate if unable to contact UGC NET bureau south campus Delhi university?
  18. Can I apply for CSIR-UGC-NET(Life Science) if completed M.Sc in Clinical Research? Previous year question papers of CSIR-UGC-NET(Life Science)?
15th December 2017, 05:23 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for CSIR or UGC NET after PG in medical microbiology?

If you belong to General category, then I am very sorry to say that you are not eligible to apply for CSIR or UGC NET Examination with 29 years of age.

The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for appear in CSIR or UGC NET Examination is "Master's Degree" in concerned discipline with minimum 55% marks and 50% marks for reserved category candidates.

>> For JRF: Maximum age limit for UR candidates is 28 years
Maximum age limit for SC/ST/OBC candidates is 33 years

>> For Assistant Professor : There is no age limit

I have mentioned all the age criteria required to appear in CSIR or UGC NET Examination and I suggest you to check yours based on your category.
15th December 2017, 06:55 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you will be eligible to appear in the NET examination after the completion of M.Sc degree course from a recognized University. You must have to score a minimum of 55% of marks in the Masters degree course in order to be eligible for NET examination.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree in the relevant field from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to appear in the NET examination.
There is no age limit for the examination.
15th December 2017, 07:03 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you can get a M.Sc degree with microbiology stream, then surely you can apply for CSIR or UGC NET, provided you have got 55% marks in PG degree.

On the basis of M.Sc microbiology, you can apply for CSIR NET life sciences subject. You can definitely apply for UGC NET as well.
15th December 2017, 08:01 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria:-

Age limit:-

For JRF (NET):- maximum 28 years (upper age limit may be relaxed up to 5 years in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC.

For LS (NET):- No upper age limit

Educational qualification:-
Candidates should have Master's degree with at least 55% marks for general and OBC and 50% for SC/ST.
15th December 2017, 08:11 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for CSIR (Council of Scientific & Industrial Research) as well as UGC NET (National Eligibility Test) exam after completing post graduate degree in medical microbiology, Because to apply for CSIR JRF exam is bachelors degree or above qualification from government recognized institute and minimum qualification required to apply for UGC NET is post graduate degree with minimum 55% marks from government recognized institute. Here below are details regarding eligibility conditions to apply for CSIR & UGC NET exam:-
  • Minimum qualification required to apply for CSIR JRF is bachelor’s degree from government recognized institute and minimum qualification required to apply for UGC NET is master’s degree from government recognized institute with minimum 55% marks obtained.
  • Age limit to apply for CSIR JRF is 28 years, Relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST and OBC category candidates. There is no age limit to apply for senior lectureship.
  • Applicant must be Indian to apply for CSIR & UGC NET exam.
  • For more details please visit www.csirhrdg.res.in.
15th December 2017, 11:04 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Sorry to inform you that you are not eligible for UGC NET/CSIR after completion of BMLT course. In order to be eligible for the aforesaid examination, you must have completed masters degree in the relevant discipline with a minimum of 55% marks from a recognized university. You can't apply for UGC NET/CSIR examination on the basis of BMLT qualification,
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?