7th October 2015, 10:26 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for PhD being a M.A. 2nd year student?

Dear Sir,
I am M.A. 2nd year student. Can I apply for PhD now? What is the procedure for apply PhD? Waiting for your kind response.

Related Questions:
  1. Possibility to apply in Ph.D programme for M.E. 2nd year student?
  2. Eligibility criteria for PhD in AI and Robotics from IISC?
  3. Eligibility criteria to join PhD in AI and Robotics?
  4. Possibility to apply in PhD entrance exam for a candidate who has arrears in 2nd semester of MBA?
  5. How to apply for distance PhD next year if missed this year?
  6. How can I apply to study PhD after completing M.Tech(CSE)? Total fee expenses of PhD course?
  7. Detailed procedure to study Integrated PhD program from a recognized university for MBA(Finance) 2nd year student?
  8. Integrated PhD has more value than PhD done after M.Sc? Duration of course and good universities for it?
  9. List of courses offered for Ph.D after completing graduation in Chemistry? List of top universities offering such program? I'm in B.Sc 2nd year in Chemistry branch
  10. Guidelines to do PhD for M.E.(Structural Engineering) 2nd year student?
  11. Eligibility to apply in PhD entrance exam for a candidate who has an arrears in 2nd semester of MBA?
  12. PhD admission and scholarship in UK or europe -- [Most Discussed]
  13. How can I get admission to study PhD in India without GATE being a M.Pharma 2nd year student?
  14. How can I go for PhD in Mathematics after 12th? Duration of course? In how many streams can I do PhD?
  15. How to get admission in PhD at UK or Europe? Details of Visa and staying there?
  16. Should I apply for internship while in B.E 2nd year during summer holidays? Where and how to apply for it?
  17. Eligibility to apply in Ph.D(Biotechnology) for M.Sc from IGNOU student? Duration of Ph.D(Biotechnology) program?
  18. Is Scholarship available for only 1st year students? How can a 2nd year student apply for the same?
17th October 2015, 11:30 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for PhD being a M.A. 2nd year student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir,
I am M.A. 2nd year student. Can I apply for PhD now? What is the procedure for apply PhD? Waiting for your kind response.
Yes, M.A 2nd year candidate are eligible for Ph.D course. So you can apply for UGC NET exam because without this score card, you can't get admission in Ph.D course.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test.

The educational qualification required for NET exam is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for NET exam.

There is no age criteria for NET exam but for JRF posts, your age should be below 28 years.
17th October 2015, 10:40 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Final year post graduate students can apply for PH.D entrance exams but they have to make sure that they have above 55% marks. For reserved category 50% marks is the minimum criteria.

It will be better to apply for NET/SET/JRF exams if you are interested in PH.D admission. Candidates who have qualified any one of these exams will have good chance of getting admission in a top institute. Interview stage is also crucial for admission so be prepared for it.
18th October 2015, 10:16 PM

By 2nd Year i hope you mean 3rd Semester.
You need to qualify for JRF to get a gauranteed spot in P.HD, no need for M.Phil
If you get only NET, you need to be lucky to do P.HD and you will have to do M.Phil
18th October 2015, 10:18 PM

You need to secure at least JRF to do P.HD directly after graduation. If you get only NET then you will need to be really lucky to get a seat for P.HD. If you get only NET you will have to go through M.Phil COurse mwork for 2 yrs before getting a spot in P.HD.

It also depends on your University. The more professors with free slots, higher the chance for you to get a spot for P.HD
11th October 2021, 11:14 PM
Unregistered

I doing pg now..ma sociology. can I do PhD in economics sir .In graduation I studied economics
24th November 2021, 05:21 PM
Unregistered

Can a final year M.A graduate apply for Ph.D. admission without having a UGC net or JRF score?
12th December 2021, 08:42 PM
Unregistered

Can MA 2nd year student can apply for PhD entrance exam
30th December 2021, 01:25 AM
Unregistered

I'm MA English Final year student it's my 3rd semester I eligible for PhD entrance ?
7th January 2022, 12:10 AM
Unregistered

without net exam a 2nd year pg student is eligible for phd enterence exam
18th May 2022, 11:12 AM
Unregistered

Is pg students eligible for phd
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?