14th March 2017, 05:14 PM
Unregistered

Can I become a lecturer in history college after MA in history?

I completed my two years degree course without honors and I did bridge course in English and I completed MA in English. If I do MA in history, will I be eligible to join as lecturer in college. When I only read three papers in history in graduation.

15th March 2017, 08:59 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I become a lecturer in history college after MA in history?

To become a lecturer in history you need to pursue PhD first and To pursue PhD, a candidate needs a minimum of 55% marks in Master's degree for general candidate and for a candidate who is other than general like OBC/SC/ST minimum marks required is 50% in Master's degree from a recognized university. The candidate needs to appear for written entrance exam for PhD course if he/she have not appeared and cleared the national level exam like CSIR/UGC-NET-JRF, DBT-JRF, ICMR-JRF, DST-INSPIRE and the candidate who appear and cleared the national level exams like CSIR/UGC-NET-JRF, DBT-JRF, ICMR-JRF, DST-INSPIRE or equivalent valid fellowship may appear for interview without appearing in the departmental entrance test. Candidates who have appeared in the above examinations but await results may also apply for direct admission without entrance test.
15th March 2017, 11:19 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

In order to become a lecturer in a College, you must have to complete your Ph.D course in the relevant. Since you have completed your MA in English, you are eligible for Ph.D course.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree from a recognised University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course.
17th March 2017, 08:42 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I completed my two years degree course without honors and I did bridge course in English and I completed MA in English. If I do MA in history, will I be eligible to join as lecturer in college. When I only read three papers in history in graduation.
If you fulfill below given criteria, then you are eligible for lecturer post in government college.

Eligibility criteria for lecturer post in government college:-

1.You must have a valid Ph.D degree.

2.You must have a valid UGC NET/ SET/ SLET score.

3.Your age should be above 23 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?