29th June 2016, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

Can I do Ph.D after M.A English being a distance learning student? Eligibility criteria to get admission?

Hello sir,
I am studying M.A English from IGNOU and want to study Ph.D after completion of M.A. So, please tell me can I do Ph.D being a distance learning student and eligibility criteria to get admission in Ph.d for English?

Related Questions:
  1. Universities offering PhD in Sociology course through Distance Learning in India? Eligibility to get admission?
  2. Eligibility criteria to take admission into B.Ed course? Universities providing B.Ed course in Distance Learning? Eligibility criteria for taking admission into CDAC? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Can I go for B.A in psychology distance education and then proceed with M.A and PhD? PhD also comes with distance education?
  4. Which institute offers PhD in Management through distance learning mode for PGDBA holder?
  5. How to do B.Ed distance learning? What is the eligibility criteria?
  6. How can I do M.Phil or PhD through distance learning? Universities and study centres in West Bengal for doing M.Phil and PhD through distance education mode?
  7. What is the eligibility criteria followed for doing Ph.D in English after completion of MA in English?
  8. Information about the courses provided by Mumbai University of Kalina in Arabic Language?
  9. Fees and duration of PhD in English at Delhi University
  10. Can I get admission to study PhD being a distance PGDBA student?
  11. What is the procedure followed for doing Ph.D in Maths via distance learning?
  12. Process of admission in PhD (Management) through distance learning and fee structure?
  13. Universities offering M.A English through distance learning? What is the eligibility criteria?
  14. Can I do Ph.D course from SCDL? What is the eligibility criteria for the same?
  15. How may I pursue PhD in English through distance learning mode? List of universities for the same?
  16. What is the eligibility criteria for Ph.D in English? I am appearing for M.A English in IGNOU
  17. MCA Distance Learning candidate are eligible for full time PhD?
  18. How can I get admission in M.A. English through distance learning education?
2nd July 2016, 09:47 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do Ph.D after M.A English being a distance learning student? Eligibility criteria to get admission?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir,
I am studying M.A English from IGNOU and want to study Ph.D after completion of M.A. So, please tell me can I do Ph.D being a distance learning student and eligibility criteria to get admission in Ph.d for English?
You are doing M.A in English from IGNOU, So you are eligible for Ph.D course because IGNOU is recognized by UGC.

For Ph.D admission, you must have valid UGC NET score card.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree with above 55% marks from a recognized university are eligible for Ph.D entrance exam. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

There are no age criteria.
5th July 2016, 02:05 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do Ph.D after M.A English being a distance learning student? Eligibility criteria to get admission?

I am happy to say you that you are definitely eligible to study Ph.D after the completion of M.A through distance mode. Since you have completed M.A through distance mode, there is no problem in it to opt Ph.D.
Below I have mentioned the eligibility criteria to do Ph.D, have a look over it.

Eligibility criteria to do Ph.D:-

Candidates must have completed Master's degree from a recognised University.
Candidates must have scored at least 55% of marks in Master's degree.
Candidates must have a valid UGC-NET score card.
11th May 2017, 04:16 PM
Unregistered

Can I do M.Ed. regularly and M.A. in English through correspondence in the same year?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?