30th May 2015, 11:46 AM
Unregistered

Can I do Ph.D in Physics if I have opted biology in intermediate?

I had opted biology in intermediate. can i do phd. with physics and how? Will there be any problem in future doing Ph.D in physics? Can someone please let me know the eligibility criteria to take the Ph.D course now? Also guide me the best field to take?

30th May 2015, 02:19 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do Ph.D in Physics if I have opted biology in intermediate?

No, you are not eligible to do Ph.D in physics.

The main eligibility criteria for opting Ph.D in physics is as follows:

-> Candidate must hold a bachelors degree and masters degree in physics from a recognized university/ institute.

-> Candidate must have completed M.Phil degree or M.Sc in physics with a minimum of 60% marks from a recognized university/ institute.

-> Candidate should have qualified atleast any one of the following national level tests in physics (CSIR/ UGC-JRF with a rank below 200) and GATE with a rank less than 300.
30th May 2015, 06:30 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you haven't studied Physics at Graduation or Post graduation level then you might not get admission in Ph.D physics programme. If you have studied Biology with no Maths at 10+2 level then I am sure you can't take admission in a Physics Graduation or Post Graduation course.

Therefore, you can't get admission in Ph.D Physics if you don't fulfill the eligibility criteria. The minimum criteria for Ph.D admission is a Master's degree with at least 55% marks in the relevant discipline from a recognized University. If you have a Post Graduation in Physics or its related field then only you can apply for Ph.D admission.
31st May 2015, 12:16 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I had opted biology in intermediate. can i do phd. with physics and how? Will there be any problem in future doing Ph.D in physics? Can someone please let me know the eligibility criteria to take the Ph.D course now? Also guide me the best field to take?
You have just completed 12th standard so first complete your masters degree then you can apply for Ph.D in Physics. Ph.D course is not depends on 12th standard course.

Those candidates who have completed M.Sc degree in Physics with above 55% marks from a recognized university are eligible for Ph.D course in Physics.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?