31st December 2014, 12:15 PM
Unregistered

Can I study Ph.D after completing B.Tech?

Hello Sir
I am a B.Tech final year student....
I want to know that i can study Ph.D
after my B.Tech without M.Tech?
please reply as soon as possible

1st January 2015, 12:30 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study Ph.D after completing B.Tech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir
I am a B.Tech final year student....
I want to know that i can study Ph.D
after my B.Tech without M.Tech?
please reply as soon as possible
No, B.Tech students are not eligible for Ph.D course.

So first complete your M.Tech/MS degree then you can apply for Ph.D through GATE or NET exam.

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

If you have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design or its equivalent or masters degree in science department then are eligible for GATE Exam.

There are no restriction for attempts in GATE exam.You can apply any number of time. There is no age criteria but your minimum age must be above 18 years.

The educational qualification required for UGC NET exam is masters degree from recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for UGC NET exam.

There is no age criteria for UGC NET exam. But for JRF post, your age should be below 28 years.
1st January 2015, 10:19 PM
belide
Senior Member+++

In order to do PhD, you need to have Master Degree with minimum 55% for sure. It is the higher level of education and it should be done after Masters. So, you cannot do PhD after B.Tech.
1st January 2015, 11:07 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you have got good academic record and have an excellent GATE score then you can apply for Ph.D admission directly after B.Tech. completion.

Mostly those candidates who have qualified GATE and couldn't get admission in their choice of M.Tech college can use their score to get admission in Ph.D program.

For GATE you must have B.Tech degree with 60% marks from an AICTE recognized Institute. There is relaxation of 5% marks for candidates who belong to reserved category.
2nd January 2015, 03:36 PM
Devdatta Divekar

For applying for Phd you need to complete Master's degree with at least 55% marks. This is the minimum criteria you need to meet to pursue PhD. You cannot get admission on the basis of bachelors degree and you will have to complete Mtech. After completing Mtech, you will have to clear Phd entrance exam conducted at all universities which offer the course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?