15th July 2016, 07:45 PM
Unregistered

Can I study Ph.D after M.Sc Biochemistry with two years work experience without giving JRF and GATE exam?

Hello, I am a Biochemist(M.Sc Biochemistry) and I have two years work experience in a Biotech Company. Now I want to do Ph.D but I not have appeared in JRF or GATE exam. Can I go for Ph.D with work experience?

18th July 2016, 12:30 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study Ph.D after M.Sc Biochemistry with two years work experience without giving JRF and GATE exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello, I am a Biochemist(M.Sc Biochemistry) and I have two years work experience in a Biotech Company. Now I want to do Ph.D but I not have appeared in JRF or GATE exam. Can I go for Ph.D with work experience?

Yes, you can do PhD after M.Sc Biochemistry without JRF and GATE examinations in Delhi University. The candidate should have a minimum of 55% marks in M.Sc/ M.Phil/ M.Tech/ M.D/ M.S in Biochemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biomedical Sciences and allied subjects from a recognized university are eligible for PhD in Biochemistry. The candidates will be selected on the basis of an Entrance Test which includes Written Test and Interview conducted by the university. So you can apply for PhD in Biochemistry in Delhi University. The Delhi University website Link
18th July 2016, 07:26 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study Ph.D after M.Sc Biochemistry with two years work experience without giving JRF and GATE exam?

With just two years of work experience you won't be exempted from entrance exam. You have to appear for any Ph.D entrance exam for getting admission. The best option is NET/SET/GATE/JRF.
Only those who have more than 5 years of experience in relevant field are exempted from entrance exam.
19th July 2016, 12:41 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sorry to say that it is not possible to get PhD admission with work experience. It is mandatory that you must qualify in either the entrance exam conducted by the respective by the university or the UGC/JRF NET entrance exam to get admission for PhD course.

Eligibility Criteria:

- The applicant must complete Master degree in any discipline with 55% marks from a recognized university
- The admission will be based on the entrance exam and Interview conducted by the university.

Official website - Click Here
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?