5th September 2014, 08:44 PM
Unregistered

Job prospect after PhD in Medical Biochemistry?

Hello, I have completed my Bsc in Chemistry and Msc in organic chemistry. I am about to join a Phd in medical biochemistry under University of Health sciences in west bengal. This is because I am interested in research areas relating to modern biology.I want to know what can be my job prospects after this? Is it better for me to pursue a Phd in pure chemistry as my Bsc/Msc is in the non medical field given that medical biochemistry is more interdisciplinary in nature?

27th September 2014, 03:43 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Job prospect after PhD in Medical Biochemistry?

If you are doing Ph.D in Medical Biochemistry, then surely you will have option in research field. All you have to do is complete your Ph.D with good scores and then apply for your areas for research projects. You can also work as as faculty in many good Universities. With teaching experience you can rise to the position of head of department in a University which mostly requires Ph.D qualification.

You will have opportunities in following areas after completion of your Ph.D in Medical Biochemistry.

1. Medicine: In this field medical biochemists conduct diagnostics tests and other experiments to know the cause of various diseases. Hence, you can work as a medical biochemist in various research labs.

2. Agriculture: Biochemists also research on how to improve the crop cultivation and pest management techniques to get more productivity.

3. Nutrition: Biochemists also research on the effects of various items on our body. They research on the nutritional value of the food items and in what amount that food is needed for our body.

If you are getting admission in a reputed University, then you should continue with this Ph.D. The scope of Medical Biochemistry is quite good compared to other life science subjects.
29th September 2014, 05:59 PM
Devdatta Divekar

after completing PhD in biomedical chemistry, you can secure a careers as an academic lecturer or scientists. Most professions today have some form of insecurity and a mix of different pay grades. There are jobs for PhDs with biochemistry that pay very well and there is a lot of competition
14th July 2015, 01:53 PM
Unregistered

I have done MSc in general biochemistry and want to persue PhD in medical biochemistry with the aim of becoming a professor in some medical college, is that possible without a post graduate degree in medical biochemistry.. and if yes please suggest me the best colleges to do so..
5th August 2018, 09:12 PM
Unregistered

I would like to do PhD after my MSc agriculture Biotechnology in CFTRI. What is the scope after doing PhD
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?