6th November 2017, 11:04 AM
Unregistered

Can a BE Mechanical Engineering student from Jamia Millia University, Delhi eligible to appear in GATE and NET exam?

Sir, I am studying in 3rd year of BE Mechanical Engineering at Jamia Millia University, Delhi. I want to know am I eligible to appear in GATE and NET exam?

Related Questions:
  1. Detailed information and eligibility to study Master of Fine Arts(Applied Arts) in Jamia Millia Islamia for BFA student of Delhi University?
  2. Diploma in Engineering is offered in Jamia Millia Islamia for 10th student?
  3. How to join BSc in Biotechnology in Jamia Millia Islamia University, Delhi?
  4. From when is the admission in Delhi University or Jamia Millia Islamia University starting for M.Sc program 2018?
  5. Can I get admission in B.E from JMI after completing diploma from distance mode
  6. Pocedure to take admission in Jamia Millia Islamia to study engineering for the citizen of Oman? Seats reserved for NRI students?
  7. How to do BCA in Delhi University or Jamia Millia Islamia?
  8. Syllabus of M.Sc(Chemistry) entrance exam conducted by Delhi University, Jamia Millia Islamia and Banaras Hindu University?
  9. Summer Internship for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) 3rd year student in Delhi?
  10. Can I get lateral BTech admission in Jamia Millia Islamia being a Diploma Mechanical holder? -- [New]
  11. What's the last date for the submission of B.Ed forms in Jamia Millia Islamia University(Jamia Nagar)?
  12. Course structure and Thesis available to do PhD(Geography) in Jamia Millia Islamia?
  13. Colleges offering Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT) in Delhi and their admission procedure?
  14. B.Ed. Colleges in Delhi University DU -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Job opportunities in Government sector for Mechanical and Automation Engineering student? Eligibility requirements to appear in GATE?
  16. B.Tech in Civil from Jamia Milia Islamia after working and Diploma in Railway Engineering?
  17. Jamia Millia Islamia offers M.Sc(Microbiology) course? Procedure to get admission?
  18. Delhi University and Jamia Millia Islamia University PhD(Life Science) entrance exam question papers of previous year.
10th November 2017, 11:10 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can a BE Mechanical Engineering student from Jamia Millia University, Delhi eligible to appear in GATE and NET exam?

After completion of your BE Mechanical Engineering course, you will be eligible for GATE exam but in order to be eligible for NET exam, you must have to have master's degree in the relevant discipline.
Those candidates who have completed master's degree with a minimum of 55% marks from a recognized university, are eligible to appear for NET exam.
11th November 2017, 04:49 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a BE Mechanical Engineering student from Jamia Millia University, Delhi eligible to appear in GATE and NET exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I am studying in 3rd year of BE Mechanical Engineering at Jamia Millia University, Delhi. I want to know am I eligible to appear in GATE and NET exam?

BE Mechanical Engineering final year student from Jamia Millia University, Delhi is eligible for the GATE examination. Those students who are studying in the 2nd or 3rd year of BE are not eligible to apply for the GATE. The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is useful for admission to the PG courses in reputed colleges like IITs, NITs, RECs etc., getting a job in PSUs, getting scholarships for ME/MTech etc.
BE Mechanical Engineering student from the Jamia Millia University is not eligible for the NET. Eligibility for NET is a pass in Master’s Degree with at least 55% marks from any recognized university or candidates who have appeared for the final year examination are eligible for the NET. National Eligibility Test (NET) is useful for getting a job as Lecturers or Assistant Professors.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?