24th March 2015, 06:24 PM
jkahdkhak

Cutoff marks required in GATE to get admission in PhD in top institutes of India?

Hello,
Could you please send me the GATE cutoff
scores for PhD admission of in this year
across the country in the top institutes?
Thanks a lot.
With Regards-
Nikita Sharma

Related Questions:
  1. Cutoff marks required in GATE to get admission in IISC or IIT? List of institutes for a candidate who has scored 350 marks in GATE?
  2. After scoring 411 with 991 AIR in GATE BE paper in which college/institute can I get? Any chance for admission in M.Tech Biotechnology? GATE cutoff for various institutes?
  3. Cutoff marks required in GATE to get admission in M.E(ENTC)?
  4. Probable cutoff marks for GATE in premier institutes like IISc and IITs? Any prerequisites other than GATE to get admission in the institutes?
  5. Marks required in GATE exam to get admission for M.Tech(Metallurgy) in IIT Madras? Cutoff marks of previous years GATE exam?
  6. Top 20 Institutes for M.Tech Automobile Engineering in India -- [Most Discussed]
  7. What is the cutoff marks for GATE Biotechnology
  8. What is the cutoff marks required for GATE exam?
  9. GATE is mandatory to study M.Tech? How Foreign studies of M.E. is different from Indian studies?
  10. List of Institutes which offer admission in M.Tech without GATE
  11. How may i continue my higher education in ME after completion of BE?
  12. What is the cutoff required for GATE? I have scored 27 marks in GATE
  13. Minimum cutoff marks required in GATE exam to join Thiyagaraj college in Madhurai
  14. Can I take admission in any NIT or government college after scoring 143 in GATE, 19.37 marks and 29 cutoff?
  15. Cutoff marks required in GATE for admission in Jadavpur University?
  16. What topics to cover to get maximum marks in GATE ECE exam? What is the minimum cutoff required to get into IITs?
  17. In which institutes can I get admission after scoring 2135 in GATE? How to apply for those institutes?
  18. Can I do M.E computer science course after studying MCA?
14th April 2015, 12:11 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Cutoff marks required in GATE to get admission in PhD in top institutes of India?

If you have got GATE scores above 90 percentile then you have a very good chance of getting admission in a top Institute for your Ph.D programme. If you have this much score then you have good chance of getting admission in a Central Government University or Institute for your Ph.D course.

Admission is also affected by the category to which you belong. If you belong to reserved category then you can get admission in a good college with a low score compared to a General category candidate. Also, the stream in which you want admission will matter and if you want admission in a not so popular stream then you can get admission with a low score.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?