26th March 2016, 02:35 AM
Unregistered

Detailed information about DBT-JRF for Biotechnology postgraduate?

Hello Friends,
Can anyone of you please tell me about the details of DBT-JRF? I want to know about this exam. I have completed M.Sc in Biotechnology. I have heard that DBT-JRF is for Biotechnology students who want to study PhD.

28th March 2016, 11:48 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Detailed information about DBT-JRF for Biotechnology postgraduate?

Detailed Information about DBT JRF Program:

Yes, DBT JRF program is basically for entering into the research field. Generally DBT Junior Research Fellowship is an award (DBT JRF) for pursuing research in the key areas of Biotechnology and Applied Biology through BET (Biotechnology Eligibility Test).

Basically candidates will be selected based on the online Test called BET which is to be conducted on 17th April 2016 at 10:00 AM in several cities.

Qualification Required:

>> Candidates must have completed M.Sc or M.Tech or M.V.Sc Degree with Biotechnology in the title of Degree.

>> As you have successfully completed M.Sc in Biotechnology, I am very sure that you are certainly eligible.

>> The minimum marks required are 60% marks for General and OBC category & 55% marks for SC/ ST/ PH in aggregate.

>> The maximum age should not exceed 28 years for General category candidates, of course there will be an age relaxation of 5 years for SC/ ST/ PH and 3 years for OBC candidates.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?