26th March 2016, 02:34 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility and qualification required to study PhD for Physics Honours student?

Hello Everyone,
I would like to know about PhD course. What is all about this course. As I am now studying in B.Sc 1st year and I have got Physics Honours so in future if I want to do PhD then can I eligible? What qualification is necessary for PhD course?

28th March 2016, 08:47 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility and qualification required to study PhD for Physics Honours student?

You need post graduation degree in physics with at least 55% marks to become eligible for Ph.D in physics admission. There is relaxation of 5% marks available for reserved category candidates.

Admission will be based on the performance in written exam and interview conducted by the concerned university or institute.
28th March 2016, 10:57 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility and qualification required to study PhD for Physics Honours student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Everyone,
I would like to know about PhD course. What is all about this course. As I am now studying in B.Sc 1st year and I have got Physics Honours so in future if I want to do PhD then can I eligible? What qualification is necessary for PhD course?
After completion of a Masters degree in Physics, you are eligible for Ph.D course.

Those candidates who have completed a masters degree with above 55% marks from a recognized University are eligible for Ph.D course.

You should qualify in CSIR NET exam to get admission in Ph.D course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?