17th April 2014, 08:54 PM
Unregistered

Duration of PhD in Microbiology at CCMB or other universities? Can CSIR be clared in 6 months?

Hi...

Am Nagaratnam, i done M.Sc Microbiology, am very much interested to do phd.

How many years to pursue Phd Microbiology in CCMB (center for molecular biology) or other universities ?

Is it possible to clear CSIR exam in 6 months ?

Please provide me some information regarding this

Related Questions:
  1. Can I write CSIR to get JRF while studying PhD?
  2. Can I write CSIR to get JRF while studying Phd?
  3. Can I write CSIR to get JRF while studying Phd?
  4. Universities offering integrated MSc and Ph.D course in any field of Microbiology?
  5. Integrated PhD has more value than PhD done after M.Sc? Duration of course and good universities for it?
  6. Colleges for doing Integrated phd in microbiology or MSc medical microbiology along with Phd? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. List of top universities offering M.Ed Microbiology? How to get admission?
  8. Part time PhD Marine Microbiology offering colleges in India?
  9. What is the salary for MSc Microbiology or Ph.D Microbiology? What are the different career options after MSc or Ph.D in Microbiology?
  10. Institutes and admission procedure for PhD in Microbiology?
  11. What kind of job can I get after completing MSc Medical Microbiology with first class? In which areas can I work? Universities offering Ph.D in medical microbiology? How to get admission?
  12. Entrance exams for career in research field after M.Sc. in Microbiology other than CSIR-NET
  13. How to do Ph.D in Microbiology after completing MSc Microbiology?
  14. Job opportunities after completing PhD Environmental science in CSIR institutes?
  15. Possibility to persue M.Sc microbiology plus Phd in environmental microbiology or microbiology after B.Tech Biotechnology and gained experience as an RA in Solid waste management
  16. Universities offering Phd in analytical chemistry? preferably on-job Ph.D
  17. Which are the companies in Chennai to do internship/project?
  18. List of colleges offering Phd course after doing MSc Microbiology?
1st March 2018, 07:35 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Duration of PhD in Microbiology at CCMB or other universities? Can CSIR be clared in 6 months?

Normally, the minimum duration to complete your Ph.D is 2 years and maximum is 5 years time. There is no different rule for duration of a Ph.D programme.

UGC guidelines are following for such courses and there are no different rules. If you want to clear CSIR, then you need to well prepared for the exam. There is no fixed time to complete your preparation. It all depends on your capabilities.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?