9th November 2014, 09:32 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to appear in Ph.D entrance exam of JNU for Physically Handicapped student who has secured 62% in M.Tech?

sir
i have passed mtech with 62%
i am physically handicapped
i want to do phd in jnu
am i eligible for jnu entrance exam?
please reply as soon as possible

13th November 2014, 09:25 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to appear in Ph.D entrance exam of JNU for Physically Handicapped student who has secured 62% in M.Tech?

You can surely apply for JNU Ph.D entrance examination as you have the desired qualification. Master's Degree in relevant discipline with at least 55% marks is required for JNU Ph.D entrance examination. There is relaxation of 5% marks for reserved category candidates. You have enough marks and you can apply without worrying about your percentage.

Candidates who have CSIR NET/GATE/UGC NET/SLET score are exempted from entrance examination and admission is given to these candidates on the basis of their score. Therefore, if you have qualified any of these exams, then surely you can use it to get admission in Ph.D program from JNU.

For more information visit http://www.jnu.ac.in/SCSS/phd-admission.html

14th November 2014, 06:49 PM
Devdatta Divekar

Default Re: Eligibility to appear in Ph.D entrance exam of JNU for Physically Handicapped student who has secured 62% in M.Tech?

Yes, you are eligible for Phd course at JNU as 3% of seats are reserved for Physically handicapped. candidate belonging to SCs/STs and PH category are required to pay entrance examination fee at the concessional rate. For General the fee is Rs 200 each discipline, while for SC/ST/PH it is Rs 100 for Phd course.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?