29th November 2014, 06:46 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to apply in Ph.D(Mathematics) if completed M.Sc in Applied Mathematics? List of institutes in India?

Hello
I wanna pursue Phd in Mathematics.
I have Master degree in Applied Mathematics.
Can you tell me i m eligible?
Please let me know and also tell me institutes
around india immediately

Related Questions:
  1. M.Sc in Clinical research after B.Sc(Applied science)? Job opportunities after M.Sc? Institutes in India for M.Sc(Medical Biotechnology) and it's eligibility criteria?
  2. What is the eligibility criteria for Ph.D in Organic Chemistry? List of the institutes? I am a 2nd year student of MSc Applied Chemistry of Ramkrishna Vidyamandira
  3. Is it possible to do MSc in either Physics or Mathematics after B.E in India? Universities or Institutes which consider such students? Procedure to apply for these institutes?
  4. Eligibility for M.Sc clinical psychology? Institutes which offers this course to Nursing graduates? M.Sc and M.Phil degrees will made me Clinical Psychologist?
  5. Eligibility, good universities, fee structure and subject list of M.sc Mathematics?
  6. MSc in applied nutrition: Colleges, Admission Procedure, Exams, Application Forms?
  7. Institutes for Phd in Applied Mathematics through GATE exam?
  8. Can i appear for JAM exam after doing BSc in Chemistry with Physics and Maths?
  9. Different institutes where I can do M.Tech in Mathematics? Procedure to apply for them?
  10. Which PG is better? M.Tech in applied geology, Msc petrotech. or Msc geology? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. How to apply for MSc Mathematics in IGNOU after passing BSc B.Ed(Mathematics)
  12. List of institutes offering Construction Management Courses in India and their rating? Eligibility and application procedure?
  13. After MSc in Organic Chemistry how can I pursue Ph.d in Germany? Eligibility criteria and the list of institutes in Germany?
  14. List of the universities in India to do MSc in Mathematics
  15. What are the scopes available after MSc other than teaching? List of best universities in south india? I have completed my BSc Zoology and B.Ed
  16. What is the procedure to apply for IIT MSc course?
  17. Requirements and eligibility criteria to pursue Ph.D in Germany after MSc in Biotechnology? List of institutes in Germany and how can I get admission?
  18. Best colleges or institutes for MSc correspondence in Mathematics
30th November 2014, 04:18 PM
belide
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Eligibility to apply in Ph.D(Mathematics) if completed M.Sc in Applied Mathematics? List of institutes in India?

Yes, you are eligible to do PhD in Mathematics, as you have done Masters in Applied Mathematics.

List of Entrance Exams to do PhD in Mathematics:

• CSIR-UGC NET for JRF.
• Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE).
• Hyderabad University PhD Mathematics Entrance exam.
• IISc Entrance Test.
• IISC PhD Mathematics Entrance Test.
• Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST).
• National Board for Higher Mathematics PhD Fellowship Examination.
• Tata Institute of Fundamental Research PhD entrance exam.
• UGC-NET for JRF.

There are many entrance examinations to do PhD in Mathematics. Here I will let you know the full details of CSIR-UGC NET to do PhD in Mathematics.

It will be held in June and December and in the streams of,

• Chemical Sciences.
• Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences.
• Life Sciences.
• Mathematical Sciences.
• Physical Sciences.
• Engineering Sciences.

As you want to do PhD in Mathematics, you need to appear for Mathematical Sciences.

Eligibility Criteria:

• Need to have Master Degree in equivalent subject which he/she is appearing for the examination.
• Need to have minimum 55% in academics.
• Candidates in final year are also eligible.
• Candidates need to submit their degree certificate within one year from the date of this test, otherwise candidate will be disqualified.

Exam Paper Pattern:

It is conducted in 3 papers,

Paper I:

• There will be 60 total questions but you need to attempt 50.
• Marks – 100.
• Duration - 01 hours 15 minutes.

Paper II:

• Total 50 questions will be there.
• Marks - 100.
• Duration - 01 hours 15 minutes.

Paper III:

• Total 75 questions will be there.
• Marks – 150.
• Duration - 02 hours 30 minutes.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?