10th January 2016, 10:20 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility for Ph.D after masters? Is it necessary to qualify M.Phil to pursue Ph.D after masters?

Please let me know that can I do phd after masters or I have to qualify M.Phil before pursuing to it? I am looking for a quick response from your side.

Related Questions:
10th January 2016, 08:04 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility for Ph.D after masters? Is it necessary to qualify M.Phil to pursue Ph.D after masters?

Eligibility for Ph.D after masters :

Candidate must have passed masters or M.Phil from any recognised university.
Candidate must have secured more than 50% marks in masters or M.Phil.

Candidate who have completed masters or M.Phil are eligible to apply for Ph.D, it is not compulsory to qualify both.
10th January 2016, 08:50 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility for Ph.D after masters? Is it necessary to qualify M.Phil to pursue Ph.D after masters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Please let me know that can I do phd after masters or I have to qualify M.Phil before pursuing to it? I am looking for a quick response from your side.
No, M.Phil is not necessary for Ph.D course.

Eligibility criteria for Ph.D course:-

1)Those candidates who have completed post graduation degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks are eligible for Ph.D course.

2)There is no age criteria for Ph.D course.

Note:- UGC NET/CSIR NET/GATE score is essential for Ph.D course.
10th January 2016, 11:15 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can pursue PhD after completion of master degree course. There is no compulsion that you need to pursue M.Phil in order to pursue PhD. As per the UGC rules and regulations, it is compulsory to appear in entrance exam in order to take admission in PhD course after Master Degree course. The entrance exam can be NET or any other entrance exam conducted by the concerned university in which you are seeking admission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?