5th March 2012, 09:31 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for CSIR NET Exam in Earth Sciences pursuing final year of M.Sc in Forestry?

i m in msc forestry final year can i apply csir net from earth sciences?

5th March 2012, 10:07 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for CSIR NET Exam in Earth Sciences pursuing final year of M.Sc in Forestry?

"Earth science" and "Forestry" subjects are not very well connected.
Forestry is somewhat related to management and conservation of forests
for maintaining the balance between our needs and its proper existence and development.
Earth Science subjects are related to science inside earth which is referred as
Geology and its derivative branches.

CSIR-NET requires you to have a master degree in some relevant course to
apply for the exam.
Your qualification doesn't meet the eligibility criteria for the stated exam.
For your satisfaction, you can go through the CSIR-NET syllabus of Earth Science stream.

You can ask your query personally to the CSIR office.

Visit the link to find out the contact detail.

http://www.csirhrdg.res.in/contact_addre.htm
Attached Files
File Type: pdf csir earth sciences syllabus.pdf(65.0 KB, 196 views)
10th March 2012, 05:36 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I apply for CSIR NET Exam in Earth Sciences pursuing final year of M.Sc in Forestry?

i am in msc environmental science final semester can i apply for csir net earth science
6th June 2012, 11:33 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for CSIR NET Exam in Physical Geography only of Earth Sciences?I am pursuing M.Sc in GEOGRAPHY through distance mode.
6th June 2012, 11:45 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for both CSIR NET in Physical Geography of Earth Sciences and also UGC NET in Geography itself (LS) ? After qualifying for LS of any of the above exam,is it possible to register for Phd under any Govt or Non-govt Project?I am pursuing M.Sc in Geography from Madras University through distance mode.Am I eligible to apply for the two exams i.e one at a time in the same year [one in June (CSIR-NET) and another in December(UGC-NET)]?How many times am I eligible to appear for such exam?
29th June 2012, 10:36 AM
Unregistered

I have done M Sc geography by distance mode from university of Madras,am i eligible for csir net in earth science as well as ugc net in geography? Praveen
25th October 2013, 07:20 PM
M.S.Phukan

There is a huge problem in CSIR syllabus, they did not clarify the eligibility criteria of subjects, specially in Geography, Some students studies geography with other physical sciences like - Botany, Zoology, Geology, Physics, Chemistry, Environmental Science, mathematics in B.Sc level. I am also a Science Post Graduate (M.Sc) in Geography(Specialization paper-Regional Planning). I studied Zoology and Botany in B.Sc level, and Physics, Chemistry and Biology in Higher secondary level.

Recently I have noticed the syllabus of CSIR Earth Science and found that Physical Geography is the part of Earth Science with Specialization cod 205. However you are eligible for UGC NET. It does not matter you are a M.Sc. Geography Or M.A. Geography. In past two years I applied UGC NET/JRF in Geography (80) and qualified twice. But I don't know am I eligible for CSIR Earth Science or not. If you are eager to CSIR then you should ask directly CSIR that whether you are eligible for CSIR NET Earth Science or not.
7th August 2017, 12:57 PM
Unregistered

I Am Babul BarMan. I have completed M.A in Geography with specially Agricultural and urban geography . B.SC/B.A level have been subject as English. , Hist , Bengali (Pass) and geography ( Honours) as a part of physical geography of B.sc .
Can I apply the CSIR-NET? Please give , current ans?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?