11th March 2018, 11:13 AM
Unregistered

Geophysics or Astrophysics, which is better to pursue in PhD?

Hello, Is Geophysics taught in PhD? if yes then Geophysics is good to study in PhD or should I do Astrophysics. I am studying Physics(H), Chemistry & Maths in B.Sc but it seems like very tough for me. My aim is to do PhD in between Geophysics and Astrophysics of this course. So, kindly tell me which course is more promising in PhD and has greater value.

7th May 2018, 08:30 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Geophysics or Astrophysics, which is better to pursue in PhD?

Since, you are pursuing B.Sc studying Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as a subject from a recognized University, after completing your Masters degree in the relevant field, you can opt for the PhD course.
According to my opinion, you must opt for PhD in Astrophysics as it has wide variety of scope after the completion of PhD course. Nowadays, Astrophysics is very demanding, so pursuing PhD in the same will be better option for you.
19th July 2019, 04:54 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Geophysics or Astrophysics, which is better to pursue in PhD?

How diffiult astrophysics if i did master in physics?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?