28th February 2018, 11:47 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility and other admission requirements for pursuing PhD in Astrophysics in America?

I am studying M.Tech Aeronautical Engineering (specialized in unmanned aerial vehicle) in India now I want to study PhD in Astrophysics in America or other country. My question is am I eligible to join PhD in Astrophysics? If eligible, than which are the university accepting the engineering student can join in science program and what type of test they required?

Related Questions:
11th April 2018, 03:51 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility and other admission requirements for pursuing PhD in Astrophysics in America?

In the US, astrophysics program of merit might include Princeton, Chicago, Harvard, Stanford. Outside the US, maybe Cambridge, Oxford or Imperial college in UK. The structure of graduate education in the USA differ somewhat from that in Germany, one consideration in choosing a location may also be a candidates current formal level of education in the North American educational system, Graduate School entrance usually requires a bachelor's degree, whereas most German PhD programs actually require a completed masters degree, unless the program has implemented Fast Track option.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?